No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh by the way thanks for your rude and aggresive pm , please don't conatct me again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
      I haven't given out such info in 30 years. Privacy is just that, especially at the age they are at. I see to many make an idiot of themselves and it reflects back to the one who gave contact information. And yes, the days are gone basically. It's 2009, check the average birth year of any WWII combat vet.

Buy on e-bay, saves anger and frustration. $10-$15 is what I always sent with letters for postage and time and many sell in that range.
      I repeat my previous, obvious temper and communication issues and that is why I posted the above now quoted again. I only write and research Waffen-SS, so any bad reflection causes me a loss. I avoid the potential problem.

A man who knows you for years and still writes when in his 80s-90s is doing so as a priviledge. Ask if they want old questions again from an obviously "pushy" or opinionated kid and all will say no (not a rocket science decision). Would your grandfather or great-grandfather want to be in the same spot ? Think about it. It's common sense time.

Having a rather known name and published, I don't even reply a no to requests. Asking shows lack of privacy or common sense IMO. All I wrote for the past 30 years the first time were asked if OK for me to write BEFORE I did.

Manners are lacking these days, and pushy/arrogant (and historically one sided) generation X "collectors" prove that.

Comment

I don't bother to ask, because even though there are a few gentlmen that I would love to write to, I wouldn't even know what to say other than express my feelings of deepest respect and thanks; some of these gentlemen don't like to talk about the war, as it was a very difficult time for them, and the memories sometimes are too painful.

It does make it difficult, especially for someone lke myself who's working on a biography of a long-dead Luftwaffe officer (Oesau) when there might be men still alive that knew him and could possibly give some insight into him, or tidbits, etc.; but I figure that at that advanced age, I wouldn't want to be bothered too much myself either. I'm very respectful of these elderly gentlemen and probably way too shy in the long run anyway to write to them. I don't want to seem like an autograph collector, because that's not what I am.

Unfortunately, 30 years ago I was only a 4-year-old, so writing to them back then was out of the question, unless they liked crayon drawings of horses with giraffe necks.

I'm probably one of the few Gen-Xers that was raised with manners, apparently. This person was just rude and nasty; especially if he can pull me out of a long-time, baby-induced lurk to say so.

Comment

Hi

Leutnant

Leopold HACKL

Flugzeugführer Stab/NSG 3.

RK 20.03.1945

is still alive.

Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by ardennes1944 View Post
            Hi

Leutnant

Leopold HACKL

Flugzeugführer Stab/NSG 3.

RK 20.03.1945

is still alive.

Phil.
            Leopold Hackl is on the list.

Comment

I have never seen anything about Karl Bleckl (St.G 1) not being with us, however has anyone heard from him recently?

He was Staffelkapitän with 7/St.G 1....a good friend of mine was also in the same Staffel along with Jakob Jenster.

/Ian
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

My, my what a shame this man.

Comment

SS Ritterkreuzträger Friedrich Blond has passed away on 24-5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                    SS Ritterkreuzträger Friedrich Blond has passed away on 24-5-2009
                    RIP Herr Blond.

Etienne, do you know where he was living?

Comment

Originally posted by JulioMoc View Post
                      RIP Herr Blond.

Etienne, do you know where he was living?
                      A year ago ,he lived in Wolfurt in Austria.

Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by ardennes1944 View Post
                        A year ago ,he lived in Wolfurt in Austria.

Phil.
                        Thanks Phil!

Comment

According to this link: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...36890#p1336890 , Adolf Dickfeld passed away on 17.05.2009.
                          Could anybody confirm (or correct) this information?
                          Best,

KAISER

Comment

Untersturmführer
                            Blond, Friedrich
                            * 29.04.1920 Braunau am Inn
                            + 24.05.2009 Wolfurt (Todesort nicht amtlich)
                            Ritterkreuz am: 28.04.1945
                            als: Untersturmführer
                            Funktion: Führer 12./SS-PzGren-Ausb-und ErsatzBtl 1 "LSSAH"
                            Bes. Vermerke: Lt. anderen Quellen als SS-Oberscharführer aus Kgf. Entlassen. 10. Verleihung bei und nach dem Ausbruch aus dem Kessel von Halbe durch SS-Brig.Fhr Wagner mit "Genehmigung" durch SS-Gruppen.Fhr Kleinheisterkamp.

Österreichisches Bundesheer: Von bis
                            Zuletzt: Oberst

Comment

why not point straight to this?

http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_..._det&wert1=475

Comment

Because the purpose of this thread is to make a list here, not a list of links.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X