Clear All

Really sad news.

R.I.P. / Q.E.P.D.

KAISER

Comment

Sad news indeed!
      RIP Herr Barkmann.

Comment

Remember where the various funeral ribbons come from when they appear for sale, here and elsewhere

And asking about his wartime items that he had in the context of this thread is beyond rude.

Stupid people can't understand why men in their 90s have no desire to spend all day replying the same questions from dozens of "new" collectors.

Give them some peace in their final years by having some basic common sense social courtesy.

Comment

I am writing a biography of Oberst Dr. Ernst Kupfer (St.G.2) and am interested in getting in touch with surviving members of his Geschwader (St.G.2 Immelmann). My interest is not as a collector or autograph seeker, but simply as an author. MY interest is in obtaining anecdotes or personal stories on Dr. Kupfer from those that knew him and served with him. I am also interested in obtaining help in identifying individuls in photos with him. From this thread it seems that there are at least 4 surviving members (Willi Noller, Paul Dose, Hans Krohn, Hans Schwirblat). Do you know of any others? If you have information on how to contact these individuals would you be willing to share it. If you would rather keep that information confidential would you be willing to forward letters to them from me. Please contact me by my private e-mail ednaylor@bellsouth.net . Thank you for your attention.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
            Remember where the various funeral ribbons come from when they appear for sale, here and elsewhere

And asking about his wartime items that he had in the context of this thread is beyond rude.

Stupid people can't understand why men in their 90s have no desire to spend all day replying the same questions from dozens of "new" collectors.

Give them some peace in their final years by having some basic common sense social courtesy.

i dont think asking abaut hes war time item is rude,i know few things are stolen from him in the past,so i hope the rest stay with hes family....

Comment

Hi

Leutnant

Lothar KMITTA

+ 13.05.2009

RK : 18.11.1944

Flugzeugführer NahAufklGrp 5

Comment

Originally posted by ardennes1944 View Post
                Hi

Leutnant

Lothar KMITTA

+ 13.05.2009

RK : 18.11.1944

Flugzeugführer NahAufklGrp 5
                Sad news...
                i found this post in the internet.
                He had an accident

Liebe Mitglieder, Kameraden, sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

Altkommodore, Oberst a.D. Lothar Kmitta, gestorben

Es erreichte uns die traurige Nachricht, dass unser

Altkommodore
                Oberst a.D. Lothar Kmitta

an seinem Wohnort in Garmisch-Partenkirchen im Alter von 88 Jahren verstorben ist. Er erlag bei einem Verkehrsunfall seinen schweren Verletzungen.
                Unser Mitgefühl gilt seiner Familie.

An der Seite seiner vor sechs Jahren verstorbenen Frau Anneliese findet er seine letzte Ruhestätte auf dem Friedhof in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.

Oberst a.D. Lothar Kmitta war von 1964 bis 1969 Kommodore des Jagdbombergeschwaders 36.

Mit großem Interesse verfolgte er die Entwicklung unsrer Traditionsgemeinschaft.
                Ende 2009 führten wir an seinem Wohnsitz ein langes Gespräch mit ihm. Für das Ems-Köppken IV / 08 erzählte er aus seinem langen und ereignisreichem Leben.

Wir werden Oberst a.D. Lothar Kmitta nicht vergessen.

Er ruhe in Frieden

Quelle: Westfalengeschwader

Comment

I visited Walter Schuck today.
                  Well, he is in a very good health and very fit.
                  This month is his 89th birthday!

Comment

That is good to hear, Nid - We're hoping to see him again too, my husband, my son and I. Please extend to him our birthday wishes. Does he still have a cartoon of a LW pilot being chased by an RC aircraft on his wall? I gave that to him at Reading in 2007.

Sadly, the veterans are leaving us one by one. May their families have peace.

Comment

Leutnant a.D. Georg Bose is still very alive and kicking.

He is still making copies of his three autobiographical Volumes, avaiable here:

http://www.cimm.de/

Horrido!

Nicole

Comment

A nice meeting with Maximilian Mayerl

in good health someone of 92 years

Phil.

Comment

Mayerl is one of the LW aces I like most.
                          Good to know he is fine!

Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                            Arek, most of his stuff has "disappered" over the last years, before his family got aware of that, and before they had an idea of the value (see thread "Ernst Barkmann´s fotoalbum stolen"). Unfortunately Ernst was to friendly, when somebody knocked at his door, he let him in.

Unfortunately Mr Barkmann isn't the only victim of so called "young comrades". I know a couple of KC holders who got all there awards and docs exchanged by nice guys who proposed to frame them....

Pierre

Comment

Thank you

All,

Thank you for letting me be a part of this forum.

V/R
                              Don

Comment

Hi

Josef HAMMERSCHMIDT R.K.: 28.03.1945 is still alive.

Phil.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X