Martin

Comment

Welcome back Andrew,

I'll finally take a vacation.....

Phil.

Comment

Andrew good to see you back here my friend

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome back !!!!

You have done a great job in my absence Phil. Thanks for taking the initiative. I'm having problems with my desktop it figures, when it rains it pours

So I am back, but sporadically as I am working off the laptop. So please bear with me as I get myself back up to speed.

I need to go back to my last post and figure out what I have missed. Knowing this place, I am sure there are a few fireworks I have missed !!!!

Andrew

Comment

Well I made it through the 15 pages or so last night. It was pretty rough seeing all that have passed away in the last 11 months. Very sad indeed.

I am glad I missed the newbie drama a few months back. I did get the gist of the conversations through the replies. Some people just don't learn, or honestly just don't want to.....

Hopefully I can get the main page updated in the next few days.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Huntzman View Post
                Thanks everyone for the kind welcome back !!!!

You have done a great job in my absence Phil. Thanks for taking the initiative. I'm having problems with my desktop it figures, when it rains it pours

So I am back, but sporadically as I am working off the laptop. So please bear with me as I get myself back up to speed.

I need to go back to my last post and figure out what I have missed. Knowing this place, I am sure there are a few fireworks I have missed !!!!

Andrew
                Hi Andrew,thank you very much !

Here is already a little work to the list:

Johannes LAWRENZ

RK : 14.05.1944

* 11.12.1915 is still alive,but unfortunately,he is very ill and can no longer respond to letters.

Heinz WILDE

RK :21.09.1944

* 26.12.1915 is still alive,but unfortunately ,he is ill.

Phil.

Comment

Sad news...
                  Mr. Fritz Darges passed away last Sunday.
                  February 8, 1913 – October 25, 2009

Comment

Very sad news about Fritz. 96 years old, we should all lead such a long life life.

Gott Ehre Seinem Andenken

Comment

Originally posted by ardennes1944 View Post
                      - Oblt d R Alfons Bialetzki (Luftwaffe) + 23.01.1945
                      - Oblt Erwin Frankenfeld (Heer) ????
                      - Fhj-Ofw Alfred Lorenz (Heer) I think is dead ,but not sure ?
                      - Lt d R Karl Radermacher (Heer) (born: 12.12.1922) is still alive
                      - Ogef Franz Richter (Heer) ????
                      - SS-Stubaf Helmuth Schreiber (Waffen-SS)

Phil.
                      Many thanks for your reply Phil (sorry for the delay).

R.I.P. - Q.E.P.D Fritz Darges.

Comment

Sad news...
                        Mr. Fritz Darges passed away last Sunday.
                        February 8, 1913 – October 25, 2009
                        That's sad...

On another forum a guy said that Darges completed his memoirs, and that they will be published now.

Comment

Yes, a german newspaper wrote about his death.
                          They said he wrote his memories and he want to release them after his death.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/2009/10...s-ist-tot.html

Comment

Fritz Darges died on Sunday, 25 October 2009 aged 96.
                            Shortly before he died, reporters of the German newspaper BILD met with him in his house in Celle (Lower Saxony). In an artictle entitled "Hitlers letzter Adjutant tot" they write that he lived alone, his wife, a medical doctor having passed away three years ago. His state of health had declined, he did not hear well, he did not see well.
                            His mind was alert. His memory was alive.
                            Until his last breath he did not say a bad word about Adolf Hitler.
                            When Fritz Darges was asked whether he would do everything again as he had done, he replied: "Ja. Unser Traum war doch ein großdeutsches Reich.“ ("Yes. Our dream, after all, was a Greater German Empire.")
                            Fritz Darges wrote down his memoirs. They shall be published now after his death.

I met Fritz some years ago at the OdR JHV in Siegburg and have some wonderful memories and photos of that meeting , he told myself and a friend the famous " fly " story personally . During the meeting on the Friday afternoon Otto Gunsche arrived to see Darges and they had along conversation , oh to have been a fly on that wall !!!!

RIP Fritz Seine ehre heisst treue

Comment

This thread is so informative yet it always makes me a bit sad. RIP.

Comment

again a good soldier gone.....

Ehre seinem Andenken. Gott gebe ihm die letzte Ruhe....

martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X