No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For information, Hans Sigmund (SS ) who is in the list is long dead.

Phil.

Comment

Good evening to all. Firstly, please let me introduce myself: my name is Paul, I have had a lifelong interest in the Wehrmacht, and am a member of the UK-based reenactment group GD Recon (www.gdrecon.co.uk).

A German friend of mine, who lives in Stuttgart, tells me of a surviving Knight's Cross holder who lives in the same city - Herr Georg Bleher. I have a few pictures of Herr Bleher, plus a basic outline of where and when he won his award, but I would very much like to expand on this and produce an article for our group magazine Die Feuerwehr.

I was wondering if anybody had any further information on Herr Bleher that they would be willing to share with me. All contributions will be acknowledged in my article (should you wish).

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Hoffmann View Post
        Good evening to all. Firstly, please let me introduce myself: my name is Paul, I have had a lifelong interest in the Wehrmacht, and am a member of the UK-based reenactment group GD Recon (www.gdrecon.co.uk).

A German friend of mine, who lives in Stuttgart, tells me of a surviving Knight's Cross holder who lives in the same city - Herr Georg Bleher. I have a few pictures of Herr Bleher, plus a basic outline of where and when he won his award, but I would very much like to expand on this and produce an article for our group magazine Die Feuerwehr.

I was wondering if anybody had any further information on Herr Bleher that they would be willing to share with me. All contributions will be acknowledged in my article (should you wish).
        Hi

here:

1.12.1940 Gefreiter
        1.12.1941 Unteroffizier
        1.03.1943 Fahnenjunker-Unteroffizier
        1.10.1943 Fähnrich
        19.05.1944 Leutnant der Reserve
        15.02.1945 Oberleutnant der Reserve

15.03.1940 Deutsches Shutzwall-Ehrenzeichen (RAD)
        15.09.1941 Verwundeten-Abzeichen Schwarz
        20.10.1941 EK II
        10.02.1942 Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen Silber
        8.04.1942 Verwundeten-Abzeichen Silber
        12.07.1942 Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten
        17.10.1942 EK I
        1.08.1944 Nahkampfspange I. Bronze.
        25.10.1944 Verwundeten-Abzeichen Gold
        9.03.1945 Deutsches Kreuz in Gold
        6.05.1945 Ritterkreuz

Regards

Phil.

Comment

Thank you very much Phil.

Any other info gratefully received.

Comment

On 18 March 1945, the Soviet 10th Guards Army opened the sixth Battle of Kurland. South of Schruden the Soviet 8th Guards Division broke the seam along the left sector of the 290.Infanterie-Division and the 11.Infanterie-Division. Portions of the 105.Infanterie-Division were quickly brought up. The Kampfgruppe Hauptmann Stapelfeld, the commanding officer of I.Batallion, Grenadier-Regiment 358), reinforced with Sturmgeschütze, counterattacked at the point where the breach had been made. Hauptmann Stapelfeld was killed in action. His adjutant, Oberleutnant Bleher, immediately assumed command of the Kampfgruppe. A devil's battle from hell developed in the woods. While Bleher managed to reach the ordered objective on 23 March, he was wounded in the process. Moreover, Bleher managed to encircle the 8th Guards Division that was destroyed by the 31 March between Lapuki and Ziemeli. Four hundred Soviets managed to escape through a gap near the battered Soviet 20th Guards Division.

In a communiqué dated 8 May 1945 from the communications station Kurland to the Army Headquarters (FS v.08.05.1945 von F.St.Kurland an OKH/PA/P5a,1.Staffel): The endorsement for the recommended decoration dated 5 May 1945 I hereby award on 6 May 1945 the Knight's Cross to the Iron Cross to:

1. Oberleutnant G.Bleher

Der Oberbefehlshaber der
            Heeresgruppe Kurland
            gez. Hilpert/Gen.d.Inf.
            from: http://www.stengerhistorica.com/Hist...ger/Bleher.htm

And here's a more complete biography, but in German: http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-4...eher-Georg.htm

Comment

Thanks Julio

Comment

I would recommend this book:

http://www.cimm.de/Bleher.htm

Horrido!

Nicole

Comment

Not sure if these have already been reported but they are still on the list on page 1.

Major a.D
                  Bahr, Günther
                  + 29.4.2009
                  Ritterkreuz am 28.03.1945 als Oberfeldwebel Flugzeugführer mit I./NJG 6

Oberst a.D.
                  Adolf Dickfeld
                  + 17.5.2009
                  Ritterkreuz am 19.03.1942 als Leutnant Flugzeugführer mit 7./JG 52
                  Eichenlaub Nr. 94 am 19.05.1942 als Leutnant Flugzeugführer mit 7./JG 52

/Ian
                  Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Of course, I forgot that editing of posts can not be done any more

/Ian
                    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

What about Helmut Schreiber (SS)? Isn't he still alive?

Comment

Originally posted by JulioMoc View Post
                        What about Helmut Schreiber (SS)? Isn't he still alive?
                        Never mind...

Here says that he passed away December 6, 2008: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...53472#p1335912

Comment

I visited the cemeteries and graves of Rickmers, Becker and Barkmann.

rickmers

becker

barkmann

Comment

Many thanks to all who've contributed to this extremely exhaustive and extensive list! Really appreciate the work that goes into this!

Comment

Hi

Joachim SOMMER

* 14.04.1916 Berlin
                              + 9.06.2009 Troisdorf

RK : 25.11.1944

Phil.

Comment

Hi

Artur PIPAN

+ 1.08.2009

RK 6.04.1944

Phil.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X