Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but not to letters, autograph collecting, and historical research. I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Gerhard Krems is NOT dead. His cousin has a habbit of replying to letters mistakenly send to him and it may seem like he is dead, but just within the past few days I recieved a personal letter from him and as far as I can tell is doing quite well!

Comment

Originally posted by mgreenberg416 View Post
      .......but Gerhard Krems is NOT dead. His cousin has a habbit of replying to letters mistakenly send to him and it may seem like he is dead, but just within the past few days I recieved a personal letter from him and as far as I can tell is doing quite well!
      Thanks for this welcome update. I'd also heard from Gerhard fairly recently so I was a little shocked when I heard the rumor of his passing.

Unfortunately we sometimes get "updates" that are not exactly accurate. Rather than jump the gun I generally leave the person on the list (as is the case with Gerhard) until we receive some confirmation. Even then I hate taking them off......

Welcome to the forum and thanks for contributing.

Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I just noticed a small error in your list.
        Franz Gapp is noted as Heer. This is wrong, at the time of his RK presentation he was a Oberfeldwebel in the Luftwaffe.

Keep up the good work, I think it´s a very useful list!

Best regards, Bjorn

Comment

Franz Gapp is noted as Heer....

Bjorn

Thanks for pointing that out. It was a "clip & paste" error. The sad thing is I have a picture of Franz up here on my wall........... you would thing I would have picked up on that !!!!!!!

I'm getting old and senile !!!!

Andrew

Comment

Today I received a very nice and friendly letter from Herr Brosow. So it appears as he's still doing fine.

Comment

Does anyone have a good contact with Dipl. Ing. Helmut Eberspächer??

I wrote him almost 1,5 years ago, and received a nice letter and afterthat his book/memoirs, but sincethen (after thanking him) I havent heard from him. Maybe you??

Martin

Comment

btw, I would like to thank Andrew (Huntzman) for his (updating) work on this very good Thread. Keep up the good work

And all those others who makes contributions here...

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by KAISER View Post
                  Hi Phil!

Could you please confirm the day (June 5th or 6th?) and place of his death?

Regards,

KAISER
                  Hi KAISER,

Sorry ,but I do not know the date and place.

Phil.

Comment

Hi

Johannes HIRN passed away 17/12/2007.

Phil.

Comment

another for the list,
                      Dietrich Ascher (heer)
                      R.K. 28.2.45

Comment

Hi

Karl SCHMID passed away 21.07.2006

Phil.

Comment

Hi

Jokob SCHMITT passed away 3.10.2005

Phil.

Comment

Thanks for the updates everyone. I have revised the main list.

Thanks for the kind comments Martin. It is a an easy job doing something you enjoy, except for the times when I must remove names.......

Andrew

Comment

What an amazing thing to do, to keep track of all living KC winners. Wish I could get in contact with some, but being only 17 my next trip to Europe is a long way away...

That does give me an idea though- If anyone knows a KC recipient who would like to get in contact with a 17 y.o. kid who understands and respects WWII and its veterans let me know. It would be GREATLY appreciated.

cheers,

Andrew

Comment

Living RKT Ernst Barkmann's Photo Album Stolen

Forum member Gran Sasso posted this over in the photos section, but I felt it too important not to include here because of the number of visits this thread gets.

RKT Ernst Barkmann's war time photo album has apparently been stolen from his residence. The link to GS thread is here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=295616

I managed to find a photo of the album on line. It appears to be an oversized brown album with the Das Reich cuff title covering the lower edge with the hat skull affixed above it.

Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X