Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbing.............. erh uhm I mean Paul

Seriously, I greatly appreciate your input to the thread.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Comment

Anyone out there familiar with the publications of Flieger Blatt or Jager Blatt?
      Not many of you talk on this forum
      Carey

Comment

I wonder if anyone has noticed all of the signed Knight's Cross photos on ebay. This is just my opinion, but I think it is horrible and distasteful when people write to veterans just so that they can sell the autographs on ebay. It is not fair to the veterans. Just a thought.....

Also, I have several pictures from the 2007 RK gathering that I would like to share. If someone can advise me on how to post photos, I will show the pictures that I have. - Matt

Comment

Hi Matt,

please contact me with a PM, so I can post the pictures for you...

And yes, some people are handling and make profit on "collecting" signed pictures of KC holders before offering them for sale.

Martin

Comment

Matt

Yes, I agree with you. To simply write to a KC winner for the sole purpose of obtaining an item to sell is reprehensible.

I have been fortunate to have been able to contact several and they were gracious enough to send photos and in many cases personalize them which makes it that much more special.

I guess whenever there is a market for something, there will always be those who will find a way to profit. What bothers me most is that these pirates cause honest collectors to have a bad name.

I remember as a child you could write to any sports athelete and in 99% of the times you would receive signed cards and photos back. I don't believe this is the case anymore, because too many people began to immediately sell these items for profit.

I guess it is a sign of the times we are living in.

Happy collecting,
            Andrew

Comment

The sale of signed photos is one of the main reasons many RKT stopped relying to letters etc,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul E View Post
                The sale of signed photos is one of the main reasons many RKT stopped relying to letters etc,

Paul
                Yes Paul...And to many also make deals on their KC's as well..........

martin

Comment

Unfortunately Martin you are correct the vultures are always gathering when one of the old boys marches to the great army

Comment

Yes Paul....

Hope to meet you at the OdR JHV this year ! We'll get a beer then and talk with those vets....

best
                    Martin

Comment

I have to agree with you guys, it seems that death does bring out the human vultures of our respective hobby's. For me it is a terrible thought, but it is a fact that I have seen replayed time and time again.

I knew collectors in the civilian police collecting field who would contact the families of deceased officers to get their items. That really troubled me and I refused to have any dealings with them. But, to them it was fine....

I guess each of us has to make our own choices and at least we can say we were responsible.

As for you guys meeting up OdR event later in the year............

Have a beer for me !!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew

Comment

Just updated the list. Found out that Georg Ackermann, Lt dR passed away in December 2007.

Andrew

Comment

Hi

Dr. Alfred Regeniter ( RK 5.4.1945 ) is still alive .

Phil.

Comment

Phil

Thanks for the good news, I will add his name to the list.

Andrew

Comment

Hi

HUGO BROCH (RK 12/03/1945) , Luftwaffe 81 victories , is still alive

Phil.

Comment

Hi Martin,

Definately mate it will be excellent if we can meet at the OdR JHV this year i shall look forward to it and to a few beers as well.

regards

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X