Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil

Let me take a moment here to clear things up. First I hope you didn't take any offense to my post as none was ever intended, nor was the "rumor" comment directed at you or anyone in particular.

What I had intended was a "General" statement that somtimes we hear or see a comment attributed to a person, but since it is a single source it is very hard to confirm.

This is especially true for those named on the list since they are in Germany and in most instances their passing is only marked in the local papers or in the OdR.

This list is a collaboration of all involved. I certainly do not want any contributors to think that there input is not appreciated. I hope that all will continue to share, and that we shall all continue to investigate further.

Andrew

Comment

Phil,

I totally agree with Andrew and can say that your contribututions are excellent and more than welcome,

I agree with you or anyone posting info that you have found from other sources re deaths of RKT's as this gives us the opportunity to research the info ourselves to either confirm it or potentially challenge those such as the guy with the website who are posting false info on the net.

So keep up the good work everyone,

regards

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul E View Post
        Phil,

I totally agree with Andrew and can say that your contribututions are excellent and more than welcome,

I agree with you or anyone posting info that you have found from other sources re deaths of RKT's as this gives us the opportunity to research the info ourselves to either confirm it or potentially challenge those such as the guy with the website who are posting false info on the net.

So keep up the good work everyone,

regards

Paul

Indeed. If there are 2 guys here on the forum who has good and actual information about living KC holders than it is Phil and Paul.

Phil, I was refering in my post to someone else who posted that RKT Ahrens was dead. But after asking for confirmation, we did not hear anything. Your post of Martin Drewes was based on information on the web, which was posted most likely incorrect.

Keep up the good work guys, as Paul states. Only better to hear some birthday partys instead of passings.

Martin

Comment

Hi Andrew,Paul and Martin,

Thank you for all your answers both.

As I said before ,what I seek is only the truth and when I find information,I think it is necessary to transmit them to verify.

Best regards

Phil.

Comment

Been informed by the OdR Suchdienst that they are aware that on a number of US Based forums there is info regarding the passing of 6 RKT , 4 of which are unconfirmed in any way and 2 that are totally false info !!

We all need to continue the work here to try and verify details and keep them up to date , not least to prevent the families of those who have passed from receiving loads of mail etc and also those who haven't receiving a nasty shock regarding their alleged demise !!

regards

Paul

Comment

RKT recipient Passed On

I received my letter back from RKT recpient Paul Egger with the envelope stating he is deceased. From what I do not know. Rest In peace Herr Egger.

Comment

Yes Paul Egger has passed on.

A nice fella i have a wonderfull signed photo of him and Will Fey

Comment

Originally posted by Paul E View Post
                  We all need to continue the work here to try and verify details and keep them up to date , not least to prevent the families of those who have passed from receiving loads of mail etc and also those who haven't receiving a nasty shock regarding their alleged demise !!
                  Paul

I agree 100%. It reminds me of the immortal words of Mark Twain, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

While all of these gentlemen are old, I am sure they are much happier planning for birthdays instead of the alternative !!!

I appreciate the input of everyone on aiding me in keeping this list as accurate as possible.

Andrew

Comment

Hi

Lothar KMITTA RK 18.11.1944 is still alive.

Regards

Phil.

Comment

Is Siegfried Brosow still alive?
                      I have a friend that send him a letter but no answer.

//Per.

Comment

Per

Yes, Siegfried is still alive. Sometimes their age causes them to respond slower then we might expect.

Phil

Thanks for the information on Lothar Kmitta (Luftwaffe). I will update the list shortly.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by PerMilitaria View Post
                          Is Siegfried Brosow still alive?
                          I have a friend that send him a letter but no answer.

//Per.

Hi

Siegfried Brosow yet replied to the letters .

Regards

Phil.
                          Last edited by ardennes1944; 05-12-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

If you send a request/letter to Siegfried, add a picture from yourself (and family) to the letter. He appreciate that much. That helps a lot !!

best
                            Martin

Comment

Knights Cross still alive

Hi, yes Martins right if you make a request from Herr Brosow
                              for a foto, he usually requests one of you. A very nice man is
                              Siegfried Brosow.

Comment

and heres Brosow nowadays in the snow....He was used to that. In russia he had seen enough....

Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X