No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Richard, his health is not good, unfortunately....

and unfortunately, some other are not going well.

Regards
    Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post
      Correct, it´s him.

Originally posted by ardennes1944 View Post
      Yes Richard, his health is not good, unfortunately....

and unfortunately, some other are not going well.

Regards
      Phil.
      Well, time goes on and on and on and won´t stop.
      Good to see there are some more who are in a good health.
      But...it´s for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidhøggr View Post
        Right Phil, he was a nice guy.

Somebody asked for Schnaubelt... I received a letter of him this week. He isn´t in the best health. I visited him last summer. He had some problems with his health and I guess it was even worse since the last months. :-(

Regards, Richard
        Hello to all!
        I think it's great what you all for a great literary traffic with the honorable veterans. I also am pleased with the set of pictures taken to visit, and autograph cards. What I do not understand why this is not helped each other. I am not an eBay seller but I appreciate any image with a personal dedication. I really would appreciate help or a few tips over, because in due time, none of these great veterans is more alive. I hope you have understanding.
        Yours sincerely

Comment

May I ask what Schnaubelt is please?

Looked it up but couldn't find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Annelie View Post
            May I ask what Schnaubelt is please?

Looked it up but couldn't find anything.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Schnaubelt

Comment

mea culpa!

Thankyou. I guess I didn't read close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by macmoeller View Post
                What I do not understand why this is not helped each other.
                That's true. I have contacted several members, who said that they had communication with specific vets, asking for help with the address and they didn't even bother to reply.
                I guess it's just some people being selfish
                sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

That's true. I have contacted several members, who said that they had communication with specific vets, asking for help with the address and they didn't even bother to reply.
                  I guess it's just some people being selfish
                  To contact the veterans, I have researched for days, weeks, months.
                  It costs a lot of time and money.
                  I made many visits in Germany, hundreds of miles.
                  It can take several contacts to get confidence.
                  And many come, like you, and request many addresses as if you go to the supermarket.
                  You do not even take the time to look in the phone book and you treat us to selfish.

Anyway, it's much too late to begin contacting veterans.
                  That time is over.
                  Many no longer want contact, they want to live in peace now!

Comment

To contact the veterans, I have researched for days, weeks, months.
                    It costs a lot of time and money.
                    I made many visits in Germany, hundreds of miles.
                    It can take several contacts to get confidence.
                    And many come, like you, and request many addresses as if you go to the supermarket.
                    You do not even take the time to look in the phone book and you treat us to selfish.

Anyway, it's much too late to begin contacting veterans.
                    That time is over.
                    Many no longer want contact, they want to live in peace now!
                    Exactly. Because you spent time and money to find something, you don't want to share with others. It's your right of course but it's also my right to think that this behavior is selfish

Hopefully Eric JB was kind enough to help me make a start.

Not everyone think like you do.

And you have no idea how much time i spend to look in the web, but not knowing German is not helping much.

p.s. Sorry if i came too late in the hobby. I wish i could afford it earlier.

Comment

As for sharing informations you never know what the unknown guy (even if he is a forum member) your going to give a vet address to is going to do with it. He could a be a journalist wanting to write an article on an "old nazi with fan club" or a dishonest person who could replace original awards with fakes (seen so many times) if not a robber considering the market value of the high end awards. And you just don't want to be held responsible for this serious kind of trouble caused to a person who kindly opened his house to you.

Pierre

Comment

Exactly. Because you spent time and money to find something, you don't want to share with others. It's your right of course but it's also my right to think that this behavior is selfish

Hopefully Eric JB was kind enough to help me make a start.

Not everyone think like you do.

And you have no idea how much time i spend to look in the web, but not knowing German is not helping much.

p.s. Sorry if i came too late in the hobby. I wish i could afford it earlier.
                        Who are you to allow you to treat me to selfish .

You can believe what you want, you do not matter to me.

Comment

Please Stop !

Hey you guy's - Please stop all the name calling. I thought this thread was about the Knights Cross winners who are still living ! Please enough already !

Comment

I also came into this hobby late and asked for assistance with addresses. I was treated with, what I assumed, was a lack of courtesy initially. As I did my own research and located RKT winners addresses, I spent time reading and conversing with some of the older members of various forums. They provided information and passed on who wanted contact and who didnt. What I found was that they were not being selfish but protecting people who they had come to know on a personal basis. They talked to these vets and thier families and knew first hand who wanted contatc and who didnt.
                            Also in reading, I have found that over the years, so many unscrupulous persons took advantage of the generosity of many of these fine men so there is a initial distrust of anyone immediatly asking for addresses. I have found that building a relationship with the forum members and building trust goes a long way.

Just my 2 cents worth

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                              As for sharing informations you never know what the unknown guy (even if he is a forum member) your going to give a vet address to is going to do with it. He could a be a journalist wanting to write an article on an "old nazi with fan club" or a dishonest person who could replace original awards with fakes (seen so many times) if not a robber considering the market value of the high end awards. And you just don't want to be held responsible for this serious kind of trouble caused to a person who kindly opened his house to you.

Pierre
                              I can see your point and i totally agree with you Pierre. I don't think that it is too much trouble to turn someone down by saying what you just said though, right?

No one reasonable would argue about this.

I was just surprised by the rudeness of some people keeping you wait for a reply that never comes.

On the other hand i feel that one of the joys of collecting is to share with other fellow collectors your ''precious'' items, your knowledge and info on any subject. It would be meaningless to keep everything for our selves IMO.
                              But again have you ever consider that while you are discussing over a fake item pointing out all the red flags and reasons why it is a fake, at the same time, you help a faker to improve his stuff in order to deceive other inexperienced collectors?
                              What i want to say is that, in order to do something we need to take a risk. But as previously stated, i can see your concerns and i respect that.

Comment

you do not matter to me.
                                Same here

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X