Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
    I started writing to RKT's in 1973. I wrote to all who were OdR members. Out 0f 1,853 letters I sent, I received 1,431 answers with photos. I wrote my last letter in 2002. In those days, almost all of them answered within a couple months. Many of them were nice enough to send Non-OdR RK members addresses. They were young back then & were thrilled that an American would have an intest in them. Over the years I visited many of them, and made some wonderful friends! Bodo Spranz wrote the foreword for my book and was a dear friend...I miss him very much. Tom
    I might have starting earlier with collecting! Enviable!
    Last edited by macmoeller; 03-04-2012, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Good morning!

Lives Alois Schnaubelt in Gelsenkirchen?
      Can me anybody help with the adress of Walther Schuck?

Thanks in advanced

Comment

Guys i'm about to send my copy of the book ''Tigers in the mud'' to the author Herr Otto Carius for a signature and/or a dedication.
        While surfing for his address i found this link:
        http://www.tiger-apotheke.de/index.p...d=12&Itemid=26

There is also a note from the current owner of the store Herr Björn Göddel who added the following:

"Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis, dass aufgrund des fortgeschrittenen Alters und des Gesundheitszustandes von Herrn Otto Carius, keine Anfragen zu seinen Weltkriegserlebnissen oder Autogrammwünsche per Email beantwortet werden können! Bitte nutzen Sie die Kontaktadresse ausschließlich für Anfragen, die den Apothekenbetrieb betreffen. Vielen Dank!"

translated:
        "We ask for your understanding that due to the advanced age and health condition of Mr. Otto Carius, no inquiries about his war experiences or autograph requests can be answered by email! Please use the contact can only answer questions regarding the operation of pharmacies. Thank you!"

Has anyone contacted Herr Otto recently? Coz i am very hesitant if i should proceed with my letter
        sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post
          Guys i'm about to send my copy of the book ''Tigers in the mud'' to the author Herr Otto Carius for a signature and/or a dedication.

There is also a note from the current owner of the store Herr Björn Göddel who added the following:

"Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis, dass aufgrund des fortgeschrittenen Alters und des Gesundheitszustandes von Herrn Otto Carius, keine Anfragen zu seinen Weltkriegserlebnissen oder Autogrammwünsche per Email beantwortet werden können! Bitte nutzen Sie die Kontaktadresse ausschließlich für Anfragen, die den Apothekenbetrieb betreffen. Vielen Dank!"

translated:
          "We ask for your understanding that due to the advanced age and health condition of Mr. Otto Carius, no inquiries about his war experiences or autograph requests can be answered by email! Please use the contact can only answer questions regarding the operation of pharmacies. Thank you!"

Has anyone contacted Herr Otto recently? Coz i am very hesitant if i should proceed with my letter
          Last year (may) was this note on the homepage too. But he has reply my letter and sign the photos , that was in may and june 2011. I think this note refer only to the emailadress. Herr Caruis wrote me that he still works in the "Tiger Apotheke" and that soon coming a remake from "Tiger im Schlamm". He will contact when its nearer the time.

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post

translated:

He will answer Chris !! An easier way is to send him a sticker to dedicate then place it in the book , much easier than sending the book itself !!

cheers

Paul

Comment

Thanks guys. Nice to hear

Comment

I got a reply today from Hermann Schleinhege. He told me that he no longer want any contact because he is 96 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by PerMilitaria View Post
                  I got a reply today from Hermann Schleinhege. He told me that he no longer want any contact because he is 96 years old.
                  Nice portrait you got there. Although he doesn't want to be disturbed anymore, he still replied. That's nice of him.

Comment

Originally posted by PerMilitaria View Post

96 and still answering letters from people wanting to know about him: amazing

It is sad to think that these vets will one day soon all be gone but the wheel of life keeps turning for us all.

we must cherish what we have

cheers

dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNZ View Post
                      96 and still answering letters from people wanting to know about him: amazing

It is sad to think that these vets will one day soon all be gone but the wheel of life keeps turning for us all.

we must cherish what we have

cheers

dave
                      Hi,

the oldest soldier with whom I communicate has 104 years .....

Regards

Phil.

Comment

"My" oldest soldier was 106 and passed away in February.

Comment

Unbelievable
                          wow

Comment

Originally posted by Nidhøggr View Post
                            "My" oldest soldier was 106 and passed away in February.
                            Yes Richard, ....Richard Perlia ....

Regards
                            Phil.

Comment

Right Phil, he was a nice guy.

Somebody asked for Schnaubelt... I received a letter of him this week. He isn´t in the best health. I visited him last summer. He had some problems with his health and I guess it was even worse since the last months. :-(

Regards, Richard

Comment

Originally posted by ardennes1944 View Post
                                Yes Richard, ....Richard Perlia ....

Regards
                                Phil.
                                Found it: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Perlia
                                Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X