This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Justin,

thanks for the additional example you are introducing. I will get this embroidered type on here too as they clearly where issued - as stated by Tim; my thoughts are also private made. Anyway I have some nice images of one example to share with you which is in fact an original with some provenance. I am staying in Italy for a few months now so I don't have all the resources at hand yet tho.

Comment

Originally posted by solkors View Post
      Great thread! I wanted to post pics of a TDB for a friend and after a glance at this thread, I wonder if it is a fake 02, as you call it. (like in post # 109)
      Sorry for the bad pic - no other available. Could you tell it from that?
      Yes, it is the same reproduction.

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
        Hi Justin,

thanks for the additional example you are introducing. I will get this embroidered type on here too as they clearly where issued - as stated by Tim; my thoughts are also private made. Anyway I have some nice images of one example to share with you which is in fact an original with some provenance. I am staying in Italy for a few months now so I don't have all the resources at hand yet tho.
        Have fun. Look forward to seeing your examples. Regards,
        JustinG

Comment

Thanks for your help, Andy and Dirk!

Comment

Last ones

My last ones arrived. Type 1 and 2. The type 2 has been heavily used and has been on a sleeve for sure. It shows a little corrosion. Both Panzers are magnetic. The type one has been discussed before.

A quick scan so no picture. Some problems with my camera.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,

nice couple you have there, with a nice been there look! Another nice canvas backed type 1, thanks for sharing them.

Comment

This is a very good thread!!

Comment

Eric you have two nice original TDBs

Andy

Comment

Some better pictures

At last a digital camera is working. Forget the scans. Here a more detailed picture of both the fronts. The 2e model has a lot of stitch work residue in the black weave from the time it was attached on a uniform. So the weave looks somewhat out of order and looks almost in a distance like the weave from the copy in thread 167 etc. It fooled me almost when I bought it from the www. After I asked for some detailed pictures from the seller a good look showed that the right weave was there. And here it is.....
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like the canvas backing best, i dont know why but here is one of mine

Andy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Andy, thanks for adding it to this thread (again a canvas backed type 1). When I get back home I will check my databases on these canvas backed tdb's, we may possibly get some new information the manufacture technique and maker specifically on 1st type tdb's.

Stay tuned!

Comment

This needs to be added to this thread. Still on the cloth backing.

One of three from a German veteran of 6 Pz. Regt.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ebony; 06-24-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

This one get even more interesting and also still with the piece of uniform on the back.

Number two of three from a veteran on 6 Pz. Regt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Field made seems to have been the order of the day. This one has been removed from its cloth backing

Number three of three, German vet 6 Pz. Regt
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X