X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I do not own any of such embroidered types I cannot provide you with any exact details on measurements or weights of these. One day I do hope to obtain an original example and then may be able to.

Until then, please keep showing your TDB's and share all the information here for all.

Comment

No confusion....

No confusion, the 3 posted today are all cheap junk, fake, crap.

Comment

Dated type

Sorry, I should have said the ones with the date paper on them

Comment

Type 1 TDB?

Hello, bought this TDB last weekend, was part of a large 2nd Armored (66th Tank Regiment) Lt. grouping. Also won a KRIM Shield and Black Wound Badge. Tank is magnetic and not sure if it was ever sewn onto a uniform. Not sure which Type this is.

Comment

Nice piece

I don't know why I didn't go after this one at the sale. You got yourself a solid example. Nice!!

Comment

Its a nice original TDB

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by wackiforkhaki View Post
                Hello, bought this TDB last weekend, was part of a large 2nd Armored (66th Tank Regiment) Lt. grouping. Also won a KRIM Shield and Black Wound Badge. Tank is magnetic and not sure if it was ever sewn onto a uniform. Not sure which Type this is
                Hi, based on these images this is an original (indeed type 1) tdb. Thanks for adding it.

Comment

I have recently received permission from Tom B. to add some additional interesting information on the fake so called Austrian 1970's TDB described on post 159 - 177 (Repro 5) at http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=129311&page=6. In another thread he stated:

When these first stated showing up on the military collecting market in the 1970's, I had been collecting TDB's for many years. Real ones were hard to find at shows, and then all of a sudden every dealer had several on their tables ! I had no doubt that someone was having them made. After a little question asking I found out a well known dealer from Europe was the architect of these damn things. When I confronted him about what I had been hearing, he said "Yes...and I'm making plenty of money on these " Now all these years later honest collectors are STILL being ripped off by this guy ! Thanks to all of you for watching & reporting these to potential buyers. Tom

I have shown that there are many variations of this type fake (different backing materials and tank colors). It should - without any doubt - be accepted that these are all post war-time reproductions. I can live with the idea that there is a possibility that the original type 2 die was used to form the tanks as they are very exact and cripsy as should be, but finished with wrong measurements due to the flaring excessive metal.
                  Last edited by deejay; 01-20-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Nice little gold example

Regularly collectors PM or e-mail me with questions concerning the authenticy of TDB's sewn onto uniforms or removed and unworn examples acquired through dealer sites etc. I try to give a good advice based on the pictures and information I get.
                    Everyone has appreciated my help even though the TDB's they show, sometimes turn out to be reproductions. Most times they allow me to use the images they send for reference on my PC but also here.

Here is another one of these rare type 3 tdb's as they should be.
                    Just like some others I have shown here only this one is unworn and near mint. I wanted to share with you on this thead; enjoy! (thanks Alex).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Opinions on this TDB please. I have read this thread and handled this one in hand. I feel pretty good about it but need some of you that have been around them much longer than I to tell me for sure.

Regards,

Jeff
                      Attached Files

Comment

A couple more...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kilroy you have a nice original TDB

Andy

Comment

Hi Jeff,

as AndyC states a nice original (and rare) type 2a. Shown in post 58 on. To every 10 1st type TDB's you will encounter only 1 of these types is my conclusion.

These are found mostly wih the black cloth/wool as this one but also with grey wool and canvas as on most type 1 TDB's.

Nice catch!

Comment

Thank you very much guys! Woohoo!

Jeff

Comment

Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X