• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better shot of front
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Josh,

this is nice! One of the uncommon types. This is the 3rd type 2a I have seen with the canvas backing.

Thanks for sharing it. Do you have any 'history' to this badge? Kan you show a close up of the damage top right please?

Comment

Help me please,
        this TDB of 1957?

Comment

IMO its looks like a postwar copy and not a 57 model, lets hear what others have to say about this one

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
            Hi Josh,

this is nice! One of the uncommon types. This is the 3rd type 2a I have seen with the canvas backing.

Thanks for sharing it. Do you have any 'history' to this badge? Kan you show a close up of the damage top right please?

Here's the pic of the wear to the top right. I believe this one to have been worn, though I cannot see any distinct needle holes- maybe it was done very neatly with a hidden stitch. I got this from a small-time antique seller who was offering a pile of "stuff" that his uncle brought back during the war. Most of it was not german, and I'm no expert on italian stuff, but that's what I think thats what most of it was. Mostly embroidered insignia. There was a mothy german para embroidered badge in the lot as well, and almost grabbed it because it was very reasonable. I didn't make the connection that this tank badge may have come from an FJ killed in Italy- maybe the patch was from the same guy. That's all I have on it. I'm probably going to let this badge go at some point soon on the estand- just wanted pics to be posted here for posterity and research.
            Attached Files

Comment

Josh,

thanks for showing this picture. I am curious how such wear would have occurred though. I don't think selling it will give you any trouble as these are getting hard to find I noticed.

One of the more respected combat awards to the soldier then and most prized to the militaria collector now.

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
                Josh,

thanks for showing this picture. I am curious how such wear would have occurred though. I don't think selling it will give you any trouble as these are getting hard to find I noticed.

One of the more respected combat awards to the soldier then and most prized to the militaria collector now.
                In hand, it looks as though the badge was rubbed up against something rather abrasive, and dragged. It wore the bullion field a little and rubbed the black threads some as well. Maybe from riding around in the soldier's pocket who captured it, or maybe from dragging a sleeve with the badge attached against a rock in the field. Whatever the case, this badge wasnt stored unissued in an envelope for re-discovery a few decades later- it saw the war.

Josh

Comment

Please send nice and big pictures of your TDB's front and rear. This could become a great archive and maybe it may even get pinned one day.

Thanks.

Comment

Repro 6

Today I came across a new reproduction tank which I will refer to as the 2011 repro.

It looks like a type 2 tank but has much nicer in detail from what I could notice from these pictures (thanks to WA member Jozefhess for letting me use them).
                    Attached Files

Comment

backing with the strange uniform cloth with 'worn spots' and noticeable weaving (the only original woven backings were the canvas backed badges)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here I have tried to show a few of the most obvious 'red flags' of the tank.

I don't have the dimensions of it (yet) but I figure were there is one there are more. Please beware of this new reproduction tank.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Panzervernichtungsabzeichen

Thought I would post my only example of a Panzervernichtungsabzeichen, backed on black cloth. Once again in used but overall excellent condition.

All opinions and comments welcome.

Regards Richard.

Starting with the obverse and reverse views....
                          Attached Files
                          Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

...detail of the Panzer...........
                            Attached Files
                            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

....and finally 2 lateral views.

I hope that these may prove of interest, all comments and opinions welcome.

Regards Richard.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Richard

I dont see any problems in your TDB

Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X