X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btt

Comment

My small contribution that was awarded to a Wachmeister of 6./ AR 357 in the night of 6. December 1944 in the village of Verseg, Hungary.
      Attached Files

Comment

Good looking TDB with the been there look

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by erichcraciun View Post
          My small contribution that was awarded to a Wachmeister of 6./ AR 357 in the night of 6. December 1944 in the village of Verseg, Hungary.
          Hi Erich,

thanks for sharing this (type 2)

Comment

Good or bad

Hi,

Found this for sale. Rather reputable seller but I would rather be safe than sorry at these prices

I dont know if this one photo is enough to give a 100% verdict.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Vsevolod
            Attached Files

Comment

Good or bad?

Here is also photo of the back.

Sorry for not posting both photos under one message - looks like impossible on an Ipad.

Thanks again

Vsevolod
              Attached Files

Comment

Tank Destruction Badge

Hi Vesevolod

Comparing it with my badge there are points I do not like
                (it may a different Type #) in my limited opinion I think it is fake.
                However wait for better opinions from forum experts.

Russell
                Some may choose to ignore the past but they cannot erase the past.

Comment

From these somewhat limited images it looks like an original badge.

Be sure not to get carried away and pay too much.

Comment

2 TDB I came across, top one being fake and bottom being original. deejay, can you help me out with what type ofbot TDB the tom one is? (images uploaded to the WAF servers are currently down)

Top: 3 prongs, non-magnetic
                    Bottom: 3 prongs, magnetic

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                      2 TDB I came across, top one being fake and bottom being original. deejay, can you help me out with what type ofbot TDB the tom one is? (images uploaded to the WAF servers are currently down)

Top: 3 prongs, non-magnetic
                      Bottom: 3 prongs, magnetic

Thanks!!
                      Hi Jonny,

based on these pictures; first one with stitching showing a definite so called Austrian 1970's reproduction which I have described in this thread. The second is an lovely unworn authentic type 2 (less commonly found type) tdb.

Comment

deejay:

This is an excellent thread you worked on....I read it from page #1 right up to the end!

A question for you:

Have you come across any Silver 'tapes' that were set-up wrong in the jacquard & came
                        out with less than 24 "ribs" in the silver wire embroidering between the black borders?

Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by RKC View Post
                          deejay:

This is an excellent thread you worked on....I read it from page #1 right up to the end!

A question for you:

Have you come across any Silver 'tapes' that were set-up wrong in the jacquard & came
                          out with less than 24 "ribs" in the silver wire embroidering between the black borders?

Ron.
                          Hi Ron,

Thanks for your compliment, I am glad to have been able to expose the different variants and help people on separating the reproductions from the originals.

To answer your question; no, it is a feature which I have not researched yet. I suppose they could exist but the whole badge would need to be reviewed.

The backings of the tdb's are to be discussed here in the future but meanwhile I need more photographic images of the still existing badges.

If you have interesting pictures then please post them.

Comment

Brilliant thread that I have really enjoyed and learned a lot from.

I was going to add mine for the 'saltiest of all' competition. Alas it appears I am to new to post images

So instead then as my first post on here, hello world, great forum.

Cheers
                            BY

Comment

Hi BY,

thanks and of course welcome to the forum

Comment

Please check out this book covering these badges, Iike a crowning of this thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=749260l

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X