X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fj-7
    Attached Files

Comment

Great photos Bill. I especially like like the Pak36 photo and those FJs in their minty green smocks and creased trousers.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi,

I can only agree with you on those two photos..Thanks!! Unfortunately parts of the photo got cut off when I took a digital pic of them. FJ-4 iincludes that Pak36 crew...the pak36 got cut out of the left side of the pic. Got someone coming this weekend to give me a dummy crash course on software so I can get my scanners working once more. Bill

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
        Great photos Bill. I especially like like the Pak36 photo and those FJs in their minty green smocks and creased trousers.
        Here is one more photo from that small group that I somehow missed posting.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by W Petz; 01-07-2006, 11:06 AM.

Comment

If someone is interested, I have the story about the II/FJR1 bunker-picture from W. Petz
          Cheers

Comment

Please share it with us!! - Bill

Comment

Ok here we go.
              This bunker is situated on the Northen bank of the river Hollands Diep. on the right side of the Moerdijk bridge. This high rivercasemat(in Dutch we say rivierkazemat) had to prefend enemy aproaching from the south use the bridge. It contained MG but also an ATcanon. It was also used to store 1200 kilo's explosives. The bridge was already charged, but these explosives should be used when the first attempt to blow the bridge would fail.

The men in the bunker, commanded by a staff-sgt.(sergeant-majoor) Van Almkerk caused heavy casualties under the FJ trying to cross the bridge from the south. Only problem was II-Fjr1 attacked from both sides of the river. The bunker had no loop-holes on the back-side so FJ comming in from the north reached the bunker un-harmed.

QUOTE:They summoned the SM to surrender, but he refused. Smoke grenades were tossed around the bunker in order to prevent the occupation from being able to bring out any aimed fire. It did not stop the crew from firing in fixed directions. Then the attackers closed the ventilation holes. As a reaction the Dutch put on their gasmasks, and continued the fight. The airbornes then managed to blow up the steel entrance door and tossed in some handgrenades. This prevented the Dutch from operating the anti-tank gun, but still no surrender! When the Germans threatened to blow up the entire construction - that also contained 1.2 tonnes of spare explosives for the bridge - the SM decided that their resistance had reached a worthy end. As a tribute to the brave defenders the SM was authorised to keep his sword ... UNQUOTE

As the FJ were very proud to capture the bunker, they wrote their II/FJR1 on it.
              Lt. Wolfgang Graf von Blücher was awarded the Knights Cross for taking the bunker. He died on Crete(together with 2 brothers) as an Oberlt. and Zugfuhrer of 2/FJR1.

The bunker has allready been destroyd, most people have forgotten, it's just us interested people who keep the memory alive.

Cheers

Comment

Nice pictures...

The #138 (page 10) looks like they are near the ''Hunnebedden'' in Drente Holland...They are acient graves, marked with those big boulders.

See here: http://www.moorsmagazine.com/images2/hunebed5.jpg

Regards Sebas

Comment

Sebas,

I believe the photo with FJ around the rock formation was taken in Germany and not the Netherlands.

Here are a few more recent pickups....Two FJ wishing they were back on civvie street...notice they are wearing the 1st Model side lace jump boots and FJ trousers.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by W Petz; 01-09-2006, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Some FJ resting inside of their tent....notice the side lace boots at the right corner (your left) of the tent
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here are few new arrivals today!! scanner still not operational so I had to take some more crummy digital shots. This is actually a nice clear portrait of a FJ wearing the LWGAB & FJ Badge.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a closer look at the Badges
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a very nice pic of a FJ wearing a flight suit during a Jump demonstration for some visiting Japanese Military leaders.
                          Last edited by W Petz; 01-11-2006, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Two FJ wishing they were back on civvie street...notice they are wearing the 1st Model side lace jump boots and FJ trousers.[/QUOTE]

Are these two guys wearing white fleigerblusen?

Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by paulmfjr2
                              Are these two guys wearing white fleigerblusen?
                              Paul M
                              Do you think the hats are white sun helmets?
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Just an honest question John!!!, by the the cut and style of the jacket it looked very similair, and not like the civilian suit or lounge jacket of the period, quick someone get John a ladder so he can get of his high horse!.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X