This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W. Petz,
    I remain impressed with your astonishing photo collection which is obviously the work of a lot of years of dedicated collecting. My question is: Where did you find all this stuff? How long have you been collecting?

Comment

Originally posted by Maikäfer
      W. Petz,
      I remain impressed with your astonishing photo collection which is obviously the work of a lot of years of dedicated collecting. My question is: Where did you find all this stuff? How long have you been collecting?
      Thanks for the compliment!!

I had a fairly nice collection of Gerrman Militaria as a teenager growing up in Dumont, New Jersey. Everyone's Dad was a WW2 Vet. My Dad brought stuff back from the war and I use to get things from all my friends Dad's. WW1 stuff was all around as well since there once was a WW1 Camp called Camp Merritt right in Dumont but it disappeared during the 1920/30's except for many of the buildings. Unfortunately I sold most of my collection before going into the Army back in 1970. I didn't start collecting again until 1988 after an impending Divorce. I happened to be stationed in Germany at the time and I hit every flea market and Military show that I could. I managed to amass quite a large collection in the 16 years that I lived & worked for the US Army in Germany. I left behind some very good friends in Germany & Luxembourg. I continue to obtain some really nice photos and other items from them....plus I do trades on occasion and buy a few photos here and there on Ebay. - Bill
      Attached Files
      Last edited by W Petz; 06-19-2005, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bill, for that interesting story. You've got quite a history in this field. I wonder, is there any thread where you posted your SS photos? I'd love to see those!

Comment

Sorry I cannot help you on SS photos....I do not collect them at all. I did find alot of them during my 16 years of searching but usually I sold or traded them off for something else to add to my collection. - Bill

Comment

Here are some more recent finds.

A varied group of FJ having a weapons inspection...it appears to be somewhere in Italy.
            Attached Files

Comment

the next three pics came together.
              Attached Files

Comment

next one
                Attached Files

Comment

last one..FJ on your left is wearing FJ trousers
                  Attached Files

Comment

Photo in post #38!!

Looks like a combination of the swing landing trainer and the lateral drift apparatus (for slipping)! It's nice to know we share in the suffered agony of "the nut cracker."
                    http://www.calguard.ca.gov/128qm/Image9.gif

I can't get over how similar the US parachute training is to the Fallschirmspringenschule -- a real kindred feeling. About the only thing modern US paratroopers do not learn is self-rigging.

What about any of you former Brit Paras?

Cheers,
                    Guy

Comment

Fantastic pics, I just love this thread for all the wierd and wonderfull uniform items/ combinations that you find. What are the 4 pocket tunics being worn in picture 51? they are not the tropical 4 pocket, is it posible that its the blue hbt 4 pocket tunics and trousers?

Cheers,

Paul M

Comment

Paul,

I don't think they are the trop blue tunics....could be the green hbt type...hard to tell from the black and white pic. I have two of each model in my collection.

Here are some new pics that I just acquired...although not Fallschirmjaeger he is very close to it....Glider pilot wearing the badge at his wedding.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Glider#2
                          Attached Files

Comment

Glider#3
                            Attached Files

Comment

Glider#4
                              Attached Files

Comment

Glider#5
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X