This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Last edited by W Petz; 12-11-2007, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
      I recommend you do a bit of reading about Crete. The allies did not get the island back until 1945 when the German troops on Crete surrendered. The German troops built the cemetaries and the memorials (Soldatenfriedhof Denkmals) way before the island was liberated in 1945.

Why don't you start your own thread on the areas you are interested in such as the Reichwald or other battles you are interested instead of having it buried in this thread where people might not see it and be able to comment on it.

Bill
      Yes i have read about crete on and off for years from my books,i knew they allies got it back in 1945,and that there cemetries where built after the battle,(just not shure if any where moved after the war or forgot).
      On the thread for the reichswald,i did some time ago,maybe last year and meaning to bring it back to ask about more pictures etc...,thanks again for showing all these FJ pictures too Bill.

On these latest pictures too of the parade,is it near the coast or sea port like hamburg,bremen,bremerhaven seeing the kreigsmarine commander and officers in it.Also see other FJ officers or either other luftwaffe branches and heer,and the local i think gauiliter?.Who is the main FJ commander or the unit if you know too?,thanks.
      Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-11-2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

A few more pics from the same photo album....Here are some FJ's in tropical uniforms #31
          Attached Files

Comment

#33 Two FJ on leave
            Attached Files

Comment

#34 Back to training for the next Jump (Kreta). Two different Jump smocks in this pic.

I have another small grouping of photos I just picked up last weekend which shows Kreta in 1943. I will post it soon.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a new arrival today....Me 321 Glider.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,

just wanted to say thanks for posting all the photos that you do. I just started focusing on German paratroops about year ago (after researching/collecting US paratroops for 20 years or so) and want to say that your sharing has helped my knowledge take leaps and bounds about everyday life, uniforms, equipment, etc. of Fallschirmtruppen.

Thanks again, Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

I'm happy that you have enjoyed the photos that I have posted on the forum and that you have gleaned some knowledge from them. There is so much to learn. Photographic evidence is one way of learning other than collecting the items which has become a very expensive venture these days. All the best to you. Bill

Originally posted by Goffredo View Post
                    Hi Bill,

just wanted to say thanks for posting all the photos that you do. I just started focusing on German paratroops about year ago (after researching/collecting US paratroops for 20 years or so) and want to say that your sharing has helped my knowledge take leaps and bounds about everyday life, uniforms, equipment, etc. of Fallschirmtruppen.

Thanks again, Jeff

Comment

Now zoom ahead two years from the jump in 1941 and here is Kreta in the year 1943. #1 FJ Denkmal at Malemes.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by W Petz; 12-12-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

#2 Having some fun with some left behind Tommie stuff
                        Attached Files

Comment

#3 greeting some of local citizens....I wonder how many of them belong to the resistence?
                          Attached Files

Comment

#4 LW member standing next to one of the typical signs posted in German occupied areas....I believe this grouping Luftwaffe soldiers are members of the Kriegslazarett Kreta...which on the sign post.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by W Petz; 12-13-2007, 11:00 AM.

Comment

#5 Im not sure what that building is but my first guess would be a market place but it also appears to have the features of train station. Bill
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by W Petz; 12-13-2007, 11:01 AM.

Comment

#6 I believe this vehicle is a Military Ambulance with possible Luftwaffe Sanis posing in front of it. I will post some more of this group tomorrow...time to hit the sack!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X