This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
    #5 Im not sure what that building but my first guess would be a market place but it also appears to have the features of train station. Bill
    Thats the "Agora" in Chania, still looks the same today. Its the towns market-hall and -place, lots of great greek food to buy! At the main entrance (where the german signposts once stood) a military-vehicle meeting and exibition took place in may 2006.

Comment

Patrick,

Thanks for that ID of the building. I thought it may be a Market place but was not sure as I have never been to Kreta and I know you have probably been there more than once.

#7 Here is a nice vehicle shot....I believe the women walking in the background wearing sunglasses is a Krankenschwester (Nurse). Which again leads me to believe these photos are from someone assigned to the Kriegslazarett Kreta.

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      Thats the "Agora" in Chania, still looks the same today. Its the towns market-hall and -place, lots of great greek food to buy! At the main entrance (where the german signposts once stood) a military-vehicle meeting and exibition took place in may 2006.
      Attached Files

Comment

#8 The LW man on the Donkey is a Sani...hard to see the specialty patch but that is where it would be located idenifying him as medic.
        Attached Files

Comment

#9 Another nice vehicle shot on Kreta....LW man standing to the very right is wearing the drivers qualification badge on his sleeve.
          Attached Files

Comment

#10 Here is another similar shot but the exposure is not as bright.
            Attached Files

Comment

#11 Out for a walk or returning from the village.
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

#14 Interesting shot of LW personnel and standing in the back of the truck appears to be two Kretan Police Officers.
                    Attached Files

Comment

#15 LW man in tropical uniform...could be the owner of the camera or at least his buddy as he appears in many of the photos. This
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

#17 15.5.43 Geburtstag feier
                          Attached Files

Comment

#18 a little socializing with Kamaraden
                            Attached Files

Comment

#19 out on Patrol.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Some questions?

So the last group of pictures in crete you say are FJ in 1943 Bill,was this on a trip before the leros island drop maybe,or some other reason i dont know of?.And when you say luftwaffe personel,your not shure if there FJ,like maybe LWFD soldiers or other luftwaffe personel,who i have read where in greece,thanks..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X