Thank you Shaun for confirming what I thought

Your help is much appreciated

Regards. Joserra.

Comment

Hi

My last Kreta battle photo. Jäger Otto Balfanz´s grave

Regards

Comment

I´ve a new photo. It´s not a Kreta picture but I think that it´s a good photo

Thank you for looking

Comment

I have two new photos of 2./Fallsch. San Abt in Kreta

First, you can see Obergefreiter Siegfried Leü sitting on a tank

The second one is the west gate of Heraklion

Comment

Hi

I have four new pictures. The seller said that they were photos of FJR1 but I think that these photos come from 6./FJR3

First photo is a photo of the cemetery of I./FJR3

Regards

Comment

Two of them show some fallschirmjäger after Kreta battle. You can see that some of them were injured or wounded in Kreta battle.

Comment

Forth photo is the most important for me. I bought this photo for this FJ. He was in my collection before now. Do you recognize him?

I think that the photo shows one fallschirmjäger awarded by two others. It could be another possibility: That the fj is awarding the others, but I don´t think so. What do you think?

Another question is about the award and the document that the fj hold in his left hand. Any idea about this?

This photo was taken in Galatas on 17.06.1941

thank you for looking and your comments

Comment

Some days ago I ask you for trying to recognize one fj who was being awarded in Galatas on 17.06.1941

As nobody has tried to give a name I want to show the solution. This man was Leutnant Arthur Cramer who was born on 28.06.1915 in Dorsten and was killed on 31.10.1041 in Leningrad (Feldlazarett 609 mot in Tschudowo). He is buried in Tschudowo.
                  He was zugführer in 6./FJR3. From Karl Heinz Golla´s book: "Supported by FschJgRgt.3, fighting in front of Galatas, after bitter combat the 6th Company succeeded in conquering Hill 116, or Ruin Hill. In this action Oberleutnant Stagenberg was wounded" (Stagenberg was the company commander).
                  "At about 2000hrs Major Derpa ordered his 6th Company, now led by Leutnant Cramer, to abandon Hill 116 despite the fact that the hill, seized after bitter fighting, constitued the key for the conquest of the area around Galatas. He reported this measure to the Regiment, but before the counter order arrived, the 6th Company had already given up the hill and retired to the unoccupied Wheat Hill. While it was in the process of setting up a renewed defence, it was hit at about 2130hrs by a counter-attack by two companies of New Zealand infantry, and three light tanks and was thrown back almost to the foot of the hill. There it was able to hold fast, as the enemy ceased the attack."

Maybe the photo shows when Leutnat Cramer was awarded for leading the 6./FJR3 after Oberleutnant Stagenberg was wounded. It could be the EK1 the award that he had in his left hand? No opinions?

He had one brother called Wilhelm, paratrooper too, who was born on 15.02.1918 and was killed in Kreta on 25.05.1941. He is buried in Maleme. Wilhelm was Feldwebel.

The two brothers fought in Kreta but one of them wasn´t lucky enought to survive to Kreta.

Comment

Hi
                    I´ve some new photos. These are of 3./Fallsch. PiBtl 7.

If you read some info interesting in the text, please, let me know

I hope you enjoy them

Some pictures taken at the port of Pireaus
                    A.

B.

C.

D.

Comment

Destruction. Suda

Comment

Originally posted by windhund View Post
                        Hi
                        I´ve some new photos. These are of 3./Fallsch. PiBtl 7.

If you read some info interesting in the text, please, let me know

I hope you enjoy them

Some pictures taken at the port of Pireaus
                        A.

B.

C.

D.
                        Hi they are taken in Piraeus indeed. I can recognize some of the buildings. They are still present there some of them.
                        Regards
                        Kretakampfer

Comment

Hi Yannis
                          Thank you for your comments. I hope I could send you soon the scanned photos. Now, I´m waiting for some pictures of graves of members of 8./FJR1 that can be interesting for you.

More of 3./Fallsch. PiBtl 7
                          Some pictures taken some days after the battle
                          F.
                          G.

H.

I.

Comment

Originally posted by windhund View Post
                            Hi Yannis
                            Thank you for your comments. I hope I could send you soon the scanned photos. Now, I´m waiting for some pictures of graves of members of 8./FJR1 that can be interesting for you.

More of 3./Fallsch. PiBtl 7
                            Some pictures taken some days after the battle
                            F.
                            G.

H.

I.
                            Hi Josera
                            I'm definitely interested in pictures from the battle in Heraklion (Iraklion). I know the exact area of where the dropzone of the 8./1 Kp was. I have also found a british account from Private Kennedy which is probably related to the death of Oberleutnant Dietrich Platow. I can send it to you if you like.
                            You always post amazing pics.
                            Thanks for your help
                            Yannis
                            (KRETAKAMPFER)

Comment

Hi Yannis. It would be very interesting for me if I could read the info you have about 8./FJR1

Now more pics of 3./Fallsch. PiBtl

Some greek pows

Comment

This picture can be seen in Heinz Austermann´s book with the text: “Zelt der 2. Gruppe der 3.Kompanie auf Kreta. Im Zelt stehend der Gefreite Geiger, rechts sitzend Unteroffizier Tiemens und Unteroffizier Austermann, rechts stehend Obergefreiter Bergel”

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X