No announcement yet.

FJ photos help and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pics! And correctly "3. / Fallschirmpionierbataillon". The number "7" didn't exist at that time (neither as PiBtl. nor as a part of Fliegerdivision 7), there was only ONE Fallschirmpionierbataillon, later on it got the number "1".

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Thank you for the correction

Comment

Gefreiter Gutheil and Gefreiter Goepfert

Comment

Happy New Year

M.

N.

Comment

O.

I don´t think that this was taken in Kreta. Could this man be Hans Talke?

Comment

P. Men form the 3./Fallsch. PiBtl are waiting to be decorated by Oberleutnant Steiner in Dessau/Kochstedt on July 1941

Comment

Q. Last one. Some graves in Alkianou.

Comment

Hey, I have new pictures. I hope you like them

Graves of members of 8./FJR1 in Heraklion

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last one

Comment

windhund, very interesting photos. I have some documents from soldier who was in FJR1 and who died on Kreta. His name was Franziskus (Franz) Würz and I was trying to take down what unit he served in, any chance you have seen this name in any document/photos? regards graeme

Comment

Hi Graeme

Thank you for your comments

I don´t have any info about Franz Würz. Sorry. But there is a thing that I can´t understand. How do you know that Franz Würz was killed on Kreta?
                                I can´t see any Franz Würz buried in Kreta or Athens and there is no Franz Würz killed on May 1941 in Volksbund.

Regards

Originally posted by gwatty View Post
                                windhund, very interesting photos. I have some documents from soldier who was in FJR1 and who died on Kreta. His name was Franziskus (Franz) Würz and I was trying to take down what unit he served in, any chance you have seen this name in any document/photos? regards graeme

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X