FJ photos help and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Panzermeyer

Maybe it was too hot in Kreta and for these reason the fallschirmjäger used their helmet cover as hats.

Regards

Comment

Hi Skarts

Thank you for the pictures of Mr. Emrich and Mr. Krukowski. It´s a sad thing that they passed away but with this thread they will be always in our memory.

I supposed that the building was the HQ of the company but I didn´t know the name of the building or where it was. Does the building exist nowadays?

Now I can give a title to this photograph.

e) Eleftheriou Venizelou Street in Chalepa (Chania), HQ of 4./FJR3

Comment

f) A group of fallschrimjäger of 4./FJR3, maybe in the same building

Comment

g) The same group

Comment

h) More fallschirmjäger of 4./FJR3

Comment

Does anyone have photos of this regiment? 1291-3/Flg A. R. 61??

Recently found out my grandfather was in this regiment from 04/05/1944. Would be brilliant if anyone had pictures his name was Hans Geißler, he was an obergefreiter and he fought in Brittany then was captured on 02/04/1945. (All information received from WASt)

Thanks in advance,
              Nicki

Comment

Hi Nicki

Sorry, but I don´t have any info about this regiment

Regards. Joserra.

Comment

These are the two last photos of 4./FJR3 that I have

i) Leutnant Adolf Peiser, the kompanieführer, is talking to the members of 4./FJR3 after they were given the EK2. This photo must be taken on 12.06.1941.

On the back text can be read: "Rest von 160 man( )".

How many members had 4./FJR3? Were they 160? I thought that 120 was the number of members of a fallchirmjäger company.

No more of 50 fallschirmjäger will be in this photo. If 4./FJR3 had 9 Kias, is possible that a number near to 100 members of 4./FJR3 were wounded in action? Or maybe were more fallschirmjäger of 4./FJR3 that don´t appeare in this photo? I don´t understand the meaning of the text.

Comment

j) With the first photo of the group, this is my favorite. You can see some of the EK2.

Comment

Hi

All the photos of II./Sturm Regiment with Major Edgar Stentzler in Goslar has been lost in this thread. I´m going to show them again.

Comment

And I have two new photos too

First one

Comment

And second one

Best regards

Joserra.

Comment

Originally posted by NickiHans View Post
                            Does anyone have photos of this regiment? 1291-3/Flg A. R. 61??

Recently found out my grandfather was in this regiment from 04/05/1944. Would be brilliant if anyone had pictures his name was Hans Geißler, he was an obergefreiter and he fought in Brittany then was captured on 02/04/1945. (All information received from WASt)

Thanks in advance,
                            Nicki
                            Hello
                            seems your grandfather was in 3rd FJD, his ErKM: 1291/Flg Ausb Rgt 61 is the one he had before being in 3rd FJD.
                            He normaly had his new one (coded MOB) in Brittany .
                            Herlé

Comment

Hi

I´ve bought this photo because I think that the fallschirmjäger that you can see, were members of 2./Fallsch. SanAbt 7.

The reason is that you can see the same plane on page 49 of Jean Yves Nasse´s book "Fallschirmjäger in Crete".

As you can see, on these photos there are some fallschirmjäger before embarking into a JU-52

What is your opinion about this?

It would be important for me to read another opinions

Best regards. Joserra.

Comment

Hi Jossera

I own the other photos from Jyn's book and I can confirm that they are
                                indeed2./Fallsch. SanAbt 7.

Best Regards
                                Shaun

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X