No announcement yet.

FJ photos help and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how I missed these photos of Johann Bruchardt but man I am jealous congrats !!J

Comment

Great pictures !

Comment

excellent

Comment

Thank you Shaun, Totenhead and Skarts for your comments. I´m happy you like the Johann Bruchardt group.

Best regards

Comment

I think that 5 and 6 /FJR2 companies, had a lot of casualties.
            I have a copy of a letter from Hans Teusen, sent to an other veteran....he mentions that he was not going to visit Crete after 1941 because of bad memories from his fallen comrades. He is talking about an incident that took place on 21/22 of May, in Maleme area. He was forced to retreat and decided to leave about 20 heavy wounded back. The next day he captured the positions again, but he found all the wounded dead, with a shot on the head(and if im not wrong some with bayonets), obviously by the NZealanders. He says that he has seen much and he cannot visit the island again...
            I cant post the letter because it is not mine, but maybe post a translation.

Comment

A new portrait to my collection of a Gefreiter with the text (thank you to Gerdan): "Die beste Tugend eines Kameraden ist die Treue. zur freundlichen Erinnerung. Dein Freund Karo".

Best regards

Comment

Hi

I have some photographs of 4./FJR3 in Kreta. Maybe they could be interesting for someome and maybe someone could add more info about them. Something new about these images and all the comments would be welcomed.

a) I think that this photo was taken in Clariso Creek area but I´m not sure.

Comment

b) This is the grave of Gefreiter Josef Wilhelmer (Einer von unsere besten). The kias of 4./FJR3 were 9:

Oberleutnant Joachim Haedrich
                  Oberjäger Heinz Horst
                  Obergefreiter Lothar Weber
                  Gefreiter Willi Conflant
                  Gefreiter Hermann Conrad
                  Gefreiter Gerhard Kokowski
                  Gefreiter Gerhard Tannhäuser
                  Gefreiter Josef Folzwinkler
                  Gefreiter Josef Wilhelmer

Comment

c) The cemetery of II./FJR3

Comment

d) I think that this place is where Oberst Heidrich decorated the fallschirmjägers of FJR3 with the Iron Cross on 12.06.1941.

Comment

Hi Windhund. Nice pics. I post here probably the last 2 members from 4/FJR3 who visited Crete repeatedly. They are Ervin Krukowski and Gottfried Emrich, I can say that they were very friendly and nice people. Here are in Maleme and my in hause in 2009. They passed out recently. Reminding a few things about the history of this unit. It was based at Topolia and they jumped over prison valley on 20/5. Max Schmelling was among them
                        The HQ of this unit as you have noticed in the other pics that were sold, was in Eleftheriou Venizelou Street in Chalepa (Chania).

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here is G. Emrich with other members of 4/FJR3 at the HQ after the EK2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by windhund View Post
                                Hi

I have some photographs of 4./FJR3 in Kreta. Maybe they could be interesting for someome and maybe someone could add more info about them. Something new about these images and all the comments would be welcomed.

a) I think that this photo was taken in Clariso Creek area but I´m not sure.

interestingly some of them is wearing their helmet covers as hats! remember this being practised by some ss nord members in karelia in a series of Photos! maybe a more wide spread practice than one would think!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X