No announcement yet.

Juncker core dates...opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion I have a re-worked W&L frame; double bead crowns, widely separated crunch bead, corner webbing and poor cross hatching!, not a Juncker frame. The question is where did the L/12 come from? Post war stamp or could Juncker been involved in some fashion?
    Best regards,
    Todd
    Last edited by Westmark; 05-15-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Very nice work Douglas,

These die characteristics which you brought to us are all revealing, and very good in identifying the makers of so many crosses we have in our collections. I know you have been extremely busy in an efffort to bring this to us, and i thank you for your hard work. Job well done!

Comment

Thanks Robert .
        It has been a long work study and still is . You and many others have helped knowingly and also many unknowingly with info and picture closeups sent to me directly or just posted here mainly on this and some on other forums .
        As far as Juncker crosses are concerned we are just going over the cores we find with these Juncker frames which one could compare with only having studied the letter 'C' in the word 'complicated' ! There is alot more involved in this . And even this core thread does not associate all cores to a maker yet . In identifying the cores by just using the front date makes fewer posts . Adding the Swastika and reverse date gives alot more identifyable referance points , which I would have done myself . Not sure how much space would be left on the server though . 91 posts here .. so lets say 50 for cores which is 1 area . There are the other areas yet : frames , pins , work assiociation , materials , markings , manufacturing places and tooling . 400 posts ... the need for indevidual project segments .
        Some of the questions you had : Yes the first core was provided by W&L and used way beyond any acceptible quality standarts - as can see on that date example !

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
          Very nice work Douglas,

These die characteristics which you brought to us are all revealing, and very good in identifying the makers of so many crosses we have in our collections. I know you have been extremely busy in an efffort to bring this to us, and i thank you for your hard work. Job well done!
          Agreed! Excellent job and very informative.
          Best regards,
          Todd

Comment

Thanks, ... there are still af ew cores to be assotiated .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X