Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker core dates...opinions please

Hello everyone,

I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. I have (7) Juncker-type frames (cross-hatching on inside and outside corners, typical flaws, hump, etc.) with various date 'styles'. My question is, which are known Junckers, and which are W&L? Right now I feel fairly confident that number 7 is a W&L (short '1'). But, the others, I'm asking for your opinions. Please feel free to share your views. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

I will be most interested in any findings here! Robert has been kind enough to have a look at my Juncker framed EKII, and point out that it has the W&L core with the same date as #7 here. Feel free to use any of the photos I sent Robert if you like? A great learning oppertunity for Us!
    Kevin

Comment

Thanks Kevin,

It's my ambition to find out exactly how many true Juncker cores we have. I've found the same core (a W&L) in a Juncker-framed EKI and EKII. Understandable, since Juncker and W&L had a working relationship with one another.

Comment

Here's mine which I believe is a match to your #7 Robert and therefore potentially a W&L core in a Juncker frame..
        Attached Files

Comment

I believe you're right, Adrian. A common scenario.

Comment

The areas circled on the '9's seem to be a unique feature of this type of core, they're definitely not apparent on any of the others in your montage.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert, 3, 5 and 6 looks very similar, does the swaz look the same on those? Here's my "Juncker core", according to Douglas by another maker. Have one "true Juncker" on it's way, will post that one later.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                The areas circled on the '9's seem to be a unique feature of this type of core, they're definitely not apparent on any of the others in your montage.
                Adrian,

I looked through my (7) '100'-marked EKII's, and found the same distinct feature on the 9's.

Roglebk (Carl),

Thank you for posting your cross. I'm studying the examples of mine you pointed out. They all have the 'teardrop' 9's. I notice your 9's have a long bottom section.

edit: Here is the swasi of number 6...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by robert pierce; 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I've circled the parts that imo is a match between number 3, 5 and 6. My mom is calling them:

"Mickey Rourke busted nose 1"

"slightly drunk laughing 3"

"Grandma has a soggy bottom nine"

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
                    I've circled the parts that imo is a match between number 3, 5 and 6. My mom is calling them:

"Mickey Rourke busted nose 1"

"slightly drunk laughing 3"

"Grandma has a soggy bottom nine"

Tell your mom, Who knows, maybe these terms will stick. Tell her thanks.

Well, I'm waiting to see the cross that you refer to as the 'full Juncker'.

Comment

Always blame mom It's this cross Robert, maybe was too quick in calling it a "true Juncker"

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=347809

Comment

Mine has a number 1 type..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
                          Always blame mom It's this cross Robert, maybe was too quick in calling it a "true Juncker"

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=347809
                          It looks mighty fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Friedrich View Post
                            Mine has a number 1 type..
                            Yes, and this is one of the main reasons I started this thread, to identify these different dates to makers. That wrapped-around first '1' is very unique to the other dates. I'm particularly interested in this style date.

Comment

Hi Robert!

Have you ever seen it in an "ordinary" non-crosshatched W&L frame? I have never seen a "ordinary" W&L frame without the short 1 and smaller swaz..

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                              Yes, and this is one of the main reasons I started this thread, to identify these different dates to makers. That wrapped-around first '1' is very unique to the other dates. I'm particularly interested in this style date.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X