No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh you've been waiting for that for ages. What a nice example, nice patina/ wear forming on the flanges, but the beading looks nice and crisp. A huge congrats.

Comment

Looking forward to more pic's ! Looks very nice ! Glad you found it ! I know I'll never sell mine ! Tom

Comment

Matthieu
        your quest for the elusive rare 835 is over . A great lookin cross ! Congratulations. !

Comment

My man Mathijs. Patience is a virtue and you are the guy that deserves finding one.

Tom - I think everyone here already knows you will not sell anything in your collection.

Regards,
          Rudy

Comment

Its been quiet, but I've purchased quite a few items lately - this small Austrian veteran group came in this week.

I'll start new thread with more detailed pictures .....

Mathijs
            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting way to denazify the Ost medal. Drill it out "sort of" Such good looking medal bar

Comment

I really like this ribbon bar ! Tom

Comment

Hi guys,

Seems there is some unrest with some members as I'm not posting as often as I used to do.
                  Would like comment that I'm still collecting 1957 items but also investing plenty of time in my other hobby.
                  I'm trying to narrow down my purchases to missing items in my collection or complete groups.
                  However, these are so rare its been a long time since I've been able to add to my collection.

Also, it's correct that I've been selling a few items from my private collection to other collectors.
                  As they were of more interest to these collectors and will be loved more, I decided to let these go.
                  No worries, I'm not selling my entire collection - there are certain items I'll take to the grave .

Still, I do visit this forum as much as I can and try to add / comment where required.
                  However my involvement is more behind the curtains nowadays, helping out old and new collectors via mail / PM.

See ya ( hopefully ) soon

Mathijs

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                    Hi guys,

Seems there is some unrest with some members as I'm not posting as often as I used to do.
                    Would like comment that I'm still collecting 1957 items but also investing plenty of time in my other hobby.
                    I'm trying to narrow down my purchases to missing items in my collection or complete groups.
                    However, these are so rare its been a long time since I've been able to add to my collection.

Also, it's correct that I've been selling a few items from my private collection to other collectors.
                    As they were of more interest to these collectors and will be loved more, I decided to let these go.
                    No worries, I'm not selling my entire collection - there are certain items I'll take to the grave .

Still, I do visit this forum as much as I can and try to add / comment where required.
                    However my involvement is more behind the curtains nowadays, helping out old and new collectors via mail / PM.

See ya ( hopefully ) soon

Mathijs
                    Nothing wrong with that, the time comes we all narrow our focuses and spend more time searching than buying. I recently took nearly a year off due to a USMC purchase...but am back collecting minis once again! I didn't seem to stir any unrest at all...you should take it as a compliment that you did!

Comment

Hi Mathijs!!
                      No worries!!!
                      Like you, I haven't bought anything for a while, simply because there was nothing I saw that I really wanted, I am sure you felt the same!!
                      Nice pieces do turn up, but if you already have a near identical one, I don't see the point in buying further examples, all the same??
                      There will always be something missing from our collections, no harm in waiting patiently for that "special" piece to turn up!!!
                      -Nigel
                      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

I can only thank Mathijs for passing on some terrific items from his collection, I'll treasure them for sure. They actually opened a new collecting field for me.

Thanks my friend!!!

Best regards,
                        Nick

Comment

We'll see you soon, I'm sure ! Tom

Comment

When Mathijs does post........ its usually something special and worth the wait!

Comment

Damn ... its been nearly a year since I bought and posted here.

But when I saw this for sale, I got such a good deal I couldn't say no.

All matching .... looks right ( strange blue/white ribbon padding under the medal bar ).
                              The badges are some mid/late production ( closed hinge block though ).
                              The mini is really nice, though believe an addition, as the sports badge is bronze.
                              Nice little medal grouping - really like it - good buy, happy collector here !

Mathijs
                              Attached Files

Comment

Lovely set and nice to see you posting again Mathijs 😉

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X