No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd ... a nice 2-piece medal bar. EK2 is 3-piece & magnetic, but I'm not sure about the period ( suggestions are welcome )
    Attached Files

Comment

Have to admit, that this EK somewhat puzzles me. The oakleaves are not as defined as one should expect ( stuff in the middle is drop of glue ).
      It also seems the core received 2 coats of paint ( barely visible below the date & above the 6 o'clock arm ).
      Strangely enough the backing is not stitched, but glued . Enough signs to be worried or just another Monday morning assembly ?
      Attached Files

Comment

hi Mathjis, i see your collection has grown again!! some very nice pieces!! the EK2 on the medal bar looks like its had an extra thick coat of paint, but otherwise i think it looks fine, i'd like to see the reverse of the bar if you can post a photo or two, just to see the pin and backing cloth, and a shot of the EK&KVK reverses.in fact, why not throw in some close ups of the others too, you know i love EK's, and the EK2 w/out ribbon looks very nice! cheers -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Maybe that core of the ek2 is one of the last they made with the first pattern dies? And a thick layer of paint to cover it up ?

But nice items you scored

Comment

So long as the detail is there under that big glob of paint, then no worries! Yeah, could've been assembled on a Monday during Octoberfest!!

Comment

Very nice Mathijs! You keep adding nice bits and pieces don't you?

I especially like the medal bar and matching awards!

Comment

@ Nigel ... here ya go. The other EK2 I got ( traded ) from other forum member.
                Attached Files

Comment

@ Nigel ... cant take reverse pix from the spange. Both medals are very tightly mounted against the frame with strings.
                  Attached Files

Comment

cheers Mathjis, thanks for showing the photo's, loving those EK's, and a nice medal bar too -Nigel

Comment

Today, I got the 1st of my latest "treasures" in the mail ... here and there you can still see the burnished highlights.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Close-up ... havent seen "vaining" across 57 EK's that much.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Seems the backside has seen some veteran action. Both catch, pin, hook show early production !
                          Attached Files

Comment

hi Mathjis, i just love that EK1 just look at the amount of wear on it, it really looks great, i like mint crosses, but one like this really has some history to it, not just been sat in a drawer for 40 years like a lot of them have! i bet its been worn with pride, fantastic piece!! -Nigel

Comment

Matthieu, that is indeed a nice Iron Cross.

Peter

Comment

Thanks for your kind words, guys. It only shows us that there a still bargains out there !!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X