No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another angle ... I assume the case is modern, but it presents much better when cased, dont you guess think ?
    Attached Files

Comment

And I'll end with the backside ... the core still looks quite ok ( except some minor rust spot on the left )
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mathijs,

NICE looking 2nd Pattern RK! I'd have to say based on the quality of the strike and the burnished frames, that it's a pretty early version. I would think from the 60's for sure. Let's see what others say to confirm or deny my assessment.

Really a stunningly beautiful piece. I'd be quite proud if it were in my collection.

"Redundant" or not, you can't keep a good man down! Nice work my friend!

Comment

Hello

From what I can make out in the photos that looks like one of the very early second pattern 67 RKs

Are you able to post any close in, very clear shots of the lower part of the three and six O'clock arms and the vertical part of the 9 O'clock arm?

Regards
          David

Comment

thats a nice looking RK mathjis, look at that frame if you cover the oaks, you'd think it was a first pattern!! wonder if it came from that period where they were just changing from 1st to 2nd? looks good anyway -Nigel
            sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Nice piece, and very similar to this lil' gem I just got in the mail today!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=346858

Comment

Originally posted by George L View Post
                Nice piece, and very similar to this lil' gem I just got in the mail today!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=346858
                When I saw this one on e-stand it was already marked as SOLD . Glad to see it went your way .
                This is also a stunner ! Did it come with the oaks / oakds & swords as well ?

Comment

Thanks! Yes, it did come with the extras, but they are of very modern production pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                    Hello

From what I can make out in the photos that looks like one of the very early second pattern 67 RKs

Are you able to post any close in, very clear shots of the lower part of the three and six O'clock arms and the vertical part of the 9 O'clock arm?

Regards
                    David
                    Hi David, I tried take pix as close as possible, but the camera was not cooperative this time. I assume you were looking for the beading flaws ?
                    Both on front & backside, they can be found on the 6 & 9 o'clock arms. Nothing special on the 3 o'clock arms though.

Comment

A while ago, I snapped this little grouping up from e-stand, so I hope I did the right thing ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

My main interest was not the medal bar / ribbon bar, but the Observer badge ...
                        If I'm correct, it ticks all the boxes for being early production.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Frontside ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Backside ...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Solid blockhinge ...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hook shaped catch .... pls do tell me its a good one !!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X