No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontside ... some rustspots on the sides, but it adds character in my opinion.
    Attached Files

Comment

Backside ... spotless with nice detailed "1813".
      Attached Files

Comment

Then over to the 2nd one ... 3-piece, not magnetic, no markings ... Still looking for an original repro case for this one ....
        Attached Files

Comment

Backside ... again quite spotless.
          Attached Files

Comment

Only minor downside to this one is the "hastly monday morning" assembly ... Frames are not completely alligned.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Matthieu; 04-07-2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

And then the last one ... which was actually the 1st one ever bought ( Thanks Dave, for feeding my addiction ).
              Again, 3-piece, not magnetic, but marked 800 in the loop.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Matthieu; 04-07-2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Front .... core already showing through the paint.
                Attached Files

Comment

Back .... showing some signs of repainting or just a sloppy job ???
                  Attached Files

Comment

And then ( at least to me ) the nicest piece in my collection. Everytime I open that box ... !
                    I would just love to get my hands on another original one .... hint .
                    Attached Files

Comment

I can keep posting shots of this one ....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Last one ... that's the collection ..... sofar . Still have some stuff on the way.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Matthieu; 05-25-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Hello

Three very nice 2nd pattern RKs. The last one that you show has a good coating of tarnish on it, which is potentially indicative of it being silver plated as opposed to the silver coloured metals used on the later (1980's) ones.

That DK is a very nice one. I'm going to say, based on what I see in the photos, that it's one of the earlier made pieces, with a solid hinge block on the reverse, and the Iron Cross motif being rivited rather than glued to the silver center circle. Am I right?

Regards
                          David

Comment

hi Matthieu, thanks for showing your RK's and DK, it was worth the wait, all nice pieces! out of the 3 RK's. i like the first one best, and i agree with you, the spot of rust only adds to its character! but they're all nice 2nd pattern crosses. the DK is a beauty, great look to the piece, a worthy addition to any collection! congratulations on a fine collection -Nigel
                            sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Hi Mathjis!

I guess you are moved in and unpacked now? That's big job brother! Get some REST!

Well, those are three VERY NICE 2nd Pattern RK's! Nice quality! The last one, as David remarked on has a lot of character due to the patina on the frames. All three are real lookers!

On to the DKiG. Woohoo! That's a very nice one! We'd all like to see the hardware on that one, I'm sure. The front side shows very nice quality, indicative of an early piece. That case is original to the piece?

All in all some VERY NICE additions my friend! Keep up the great work!

Comment

Nice looking DkiG! I like your 1st RK posted the best out of the 3.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X