My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that´s a nice looking Souval one

Quality is IMO equal to the accepted wartime ones...if not better.
    Very nice addition to your LW section

Comment

Your eagles nest becomes bigger and bigger...

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
        Your eagles nest becomes bigger and bigger...
        Mathijs "nest" is one of the biggest!

Nice addition my friend! You're the post war king!

Comment

Just went through most of my own thread .... amazing how my collection has evolved since I started it.
          Over 50% of the items posted are gone / upgraded ... most ended up with other collectors though .

Like every beginning collector I grabbed anything I could find and afford.
          Most of the items were good, some were pretty bad looking back .

It also reminds of the financial part of the collecting ... .
          When I started with WW2 Militaria, I was afraid of spending 50 Euro ...
          Now ..... I easily shell out 10x that amount for a good piece .

In the end, I'm glad I ( mainly ) switched to collecting 1957 awards ... not a single regret since .

And I have to say ... you guys out there ... you have a big part in that .

Grtz & respect to - what Mike so lovingly calls - " The Rat Pack " .

Mathijs

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
            Just went through most of my own thread .... amazing how my collection has evolved since I started it.
            Over 50% of the items posted are gone / upgraded ... most ended up with other collectors though .

Like every beginning collector I grabbed anything I could find and afford.
            Most of the items were good, some were pretty bad looking back .

It also reminds of the financial part of the collecting ... .
            When I started with WW2 Militaria, I was afraid of spending 50 Euro ...
            Now ..... I easily shell out 10x that amount for a good piece .

In the end, I'm glad I ( mainly ) switched to collecting 1957 awards ... not a single regret since .

And I have to say ... you guys out there ... you have a big part in that .

Grtz & respect to - what Mike so lovingly calls - " The Rat Pack " .

Mathijs
            I can only echo every single word.....see myself in your lines

Comment

Yes thats absolutely true.

I think the most of us began with TR awards and switched to 57ers, as
              full size or miniatures or groups of veterans.

And it makes a lot of fun to be a part of this forum with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
                I can only echo every single word.....see myself in your lines
                Same here! Very well spoken Mathijs and so very true!
                Happily, after all this time, the RAT PACK is alive and well and our collections improve all time!

Yes thats absolutely true.

And it makes a lot of fun to be a part of this forum with you guys.
                I couldn't have said it better Matthias! You've become a terrific part of the 57er team! Your posts are educated and helpful!

Comment

Finally .... I've got one !!!!!!!

After all these years of looking, being that bit too late everywhere ....
                  After all these years browsing the web and begging people to sell me their copy .

Finally .... after all these years .... another gap in my DK collection is filled in.
                  Had to pay the money for it, but it had to happen one day .... tody .

Now, I can't wait to get my hands on it ....... apologies for the enthusiasm, guys .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nothing to apologize for Mathijs!!
                    When you find something you've been after for a long time, well, theres no better feeling!! It was the same when Luud offered me his screwback EK1!!!
                    So i know exactly how you feel.......and......congrats too!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    -Nigelparty0039.gif
                    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

No need to apologize buddy

You need a chair when you´re packing that beauty out........these ones are only breathtaking. Best quality and look

A big congrats from me as i know how long you were on the hunt

Comment

very nice DKig

Comment

You cannot get it better!

Congratilation, now you have to wait for it, and the days are long when you are waiting for somthing.

What do you think about the maker?

Comment

What do you think about the maker?
                            These are accepted to be Deschler made pieces ....

Comment

Thats what I guess.

Maybe we should compare it in a new thread with others with wide pin and this wreath type someday?

Comment

Well, congratulations Mathijs! You've joined a very small group of 57er guys with this type of DKiG! I know it's been a long time coming and I'm very happy for YOU!

I can only agree with Rüdiger, that you better be sitting down, when you crack the seal on the parcel! Otherwise, you might crack your head on the floor when you pass out from the beauty!

Maybe we should compare it in a new thread with others with wide pin and this wreath type someday?
                                Excellent idea Matthias!

When Mathijs receives his new prize and takes some good quality photos as he always does, I'll compare pics of mine, Rüdiger's and Mathijs in one thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X