My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful RK Mathijs!!!
    I agree with Luud, that these are the nicest postwar copies ever made, and i could see quite a few vets buying these to replace lost wartime originals!!
    I dont think its known exactly when they started making these, maybe immediate postwar?? But i'm sure the earliest predate the 57ers, and so the less developed flaws makes perfect sense!!!
    Really great RK!! I love it!!!!!!
    -Nigel
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLuudje View Post
      IMO the nicest copy on the market.
      Indeed a copy, thats true ... but IMO one with some actual importance ... instead of the huge amount of fakes / copies out there, this S&L piece shows ( IMO ) the transit between their wartime RK's vs their 1957 RK's.

I find it interesting to see how the frame has developed since then . Reading through D. Maerz his book on RK's gives this piece another dimension.
      Its a RK I have been looking for quite some time .... dealer had the RK, I had the cash ... two happy people ( although I assume the dealer will be happier with my cash in his pocket ... LOL )

Grtz
      Mathijs

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
        Hi guys,

As a result of my passion for the S&L RK .... finally was able to add an early postwar RK with swastika, made by St.&L.

I was considering on adding one of these as a filler to my collection. I seen a killer copy once, but I balked. After looking at this beauty I think I might go for one. Can you please tell me how much to pay, not to overpay. What is the fair value, rather than retail?
        Last edited by Franz Ferdinand; 09-23-2011, 01:56 AM. Reason: photo added

Comment

Indeed a very nice copy, but with imo a historical background. These ones were
          not only made to fool collectors, but rather for veterans, which lost their
          original ones in the end of the lost war and for allied souvinir hunters.

But why did/do S&L make RKs... with swaz and parallel medals for the Bundesrepublik
          Deutschland, and no one complain them???

Comment

Was able to buy this lovely piece from a true gentlemen here on WAF ... Thanks, Sasha .
            One has made this 1957 RK collector very happy with this lovely addition to my collection.

"B" Frame - 1st pattern magnetic core - made by St&L with modified ribbon for easy wearing .

Enjoy !
            Mathijs
            Attached Files

Comment

Super 1st pattern with "B" frame, its obviously been quite well worn by the vet owner, aho has also gone to the trouble of altering the ribbon to make it easier to wear!!
              Love the look of the piece, really nice!!
              Well done on securing another great RK for your awesome collection!
              As Duke Nukem would say........."Hail To The King Baby"!!!!!smiley-gen053.gif
              -Nigel
              sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Congratulation Mathijs to this lovely piece

Must be your 20th or something else

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
                  Congratulation Mathijs to this lovely piece

Must be your 20th or something else
                  Thanks Matthias, almost 20 ..... but not quite yet ( counting 18 pieces ).

Grtz
                  Mathijs

Comment

I have viewed all 16 pages of this thread, and all I can say is I would be SCARED to see what you guys consider a GREAT collection......

Comment

Originally posted by William Eledge View Post
                      I have viewed all 16 pages of this thread, and all I can say is I would be SCARED to see what you guys consider a GREAT collection......
                      Don´t be scared, William

We love quality above quantity. But Mathijs has both....quality AND quantity

Great cross, Mathijs
                      The B-frames are always a bit nicer than the C-frames......

Comment

Finally ... my marked Schickle I was looking for ... seems Christmas comes early this time of year .

Schickle framed 57ers are bad enough to find, let alone one marked examples.
                        Only my 2nd marked Schickle RK .... great stuff.

Also, the loop is marked "800" ... have posted in the appropriate forum for answers if postwar or wartime.

Apologies for the bad pix, lighting is very poor and flash ruined other shots .

Grtz
                        Mathijs
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Matthieu; 12-12-2011, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Dates .....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Some more shots, including a crisp "800" mark on the back.
                            Still missing the "935" marked version .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mathijs:

Nice collection.

Best Regards
                              Joe

Comment

Nice

The HK RK from this thread is fantastic, and one of the best of its type. And a fare better quality than anything else considered postwar. The best of these crosses puzzles me alot.

The price is hard to say... even not same variant of the B-s&l, it would be interesting to see what this one go for

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=553018&page=2

Nicolai

Originally posted by Franz Ferdinand View Post
                                I was considering on adding one of these as a filler to my collection. I seen a killer copy once, but I balked. After looking at this beauty I think I might go for one. Can you please tell me how much to pay, not to overpay. What is the fair value, rather than retail?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X