X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last ones for these ...
    Attached Files

Comment

And now - IMO - one of the rarest pieces postwar made by Souval ... the Grand Cross .

Measuring 63x63 cm and weighing 37.10 gram ... attached ribbon is 57 mm wide.
      Added another Souval RK to clearly show the dimensions of the Grand Cross ... its massive .

This one as well is 3-piece made, has magnetic core, but unmarked example.

Grtz
      Mathijs
      Attached Files

Comment

And here we go with the compulsory shots ...
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Low swastika, which is typical for Souval ...
            Attached Files

Comment

Some more snapshots of the loop & ring .... hope you enjoyed the trip so far .
              Attached Files

Comment

Great Crosses Mathijs!!!!
                I'm glad you got the Grand Cross too, as this completes the Souval set!!
                I know these are only really collectors pieces, whereas some Souval "normal" RK's can be linked to vets, but they are very collectable in their own right!!
                I think these will only increase in value and desirability, i dont know how many of the Grand Cross or Diamonds Souval made, but it can't have been a huge number, as they are'nt seen very often!!!
                So, congrats on all your fine new additions!!!
                ps........I think it can only be a matter of time before you buy your first wartime RK!!!
                -Nigelsign0011.gif
                sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by knockoffnigel View Post
                  Great Crosses Mathijs!!!!
                  I'm glad you got the Grand Cross too, as this completes the Souval set!!
                  I know these are only really collectors pieces, whereas some Souval "normal" RK's can be linked to vets, but they are very collectable in their own right!!
                  I think these will only increase in value and desirability, i dont know how many of the Grand Cross or Diamonds Souval made, but it can't have been a huge number, as they are'nt seen very often!!!
                  So, congrats on all your fine new additions!!!
                  ps........I think it can only be a matter of time before you buy your first wartime RK!!!
                  -Nigel[ATTACH]2066764[/ATTACH]
                  Hahaha ... I knew you would the sight of these, Nigel .
                  As the "normal" Souval KC is indeed more commonly found, the diamond OLS versions and the Grand Cross are NOT.
                  Made for collectors ... yes, but IMO a good investment for the future .

And ... feel free to sponsor me on buying a wartime RK, Nigel .
                  Saves me from selling my entire collection to buy one .

Grtz
                  Mathijs

Comment

Indeed i do love them Mathijs!!!
                    If i were you, i would'nt rule out the possibility of getting a wartime RK one day, but i certainly would'nt sell off your wonderful 57er/postwar collection to do it!!!
                    I shall send my contribution to your wartime RK fund, but i will require you to send me the RK for a couple of days every year to drool over!!!!!!
                    -Nigel

Comment

Great additions and sum up, buddy

You can´t get better postwar made pieces from these unpayable (if avaiable ) originals and for me these Souvals are really worth collecting.

Souval postwar pieces can only be topped by B-frame S&L´s with swaz.

But only Souval made the full range incl. diamonds, golden diamonds and the Grand Cross

That is a line up i would like to collect, too. But sadly i have to quit ...... Souval RK´s are getting expensive

Comment

And more Souval for Nigel and Jonathan .

This time no RK, but a lovely L/58 marked zinc Observer badge in great condition .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mathijs!!!
                          I like the look of that badge, what great patina!!
                          Looks to be a well made piece too, Souval's are worth collecting in their own right, wartime, postwar, 57er, its all good!!!
                          Thanks for showing!!!!!
                          -Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                            And more Souval for Nigel and Jonathan .
                            Funny because everyone knows that I don't like them
                            But I still have a few of them

I tried to make pictures, But you will see that it didn't work out that well:.
                            Mine that is almost identical (has no L/58 mark) and is IMO a converted postwar copy by Souval.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by LuckyLuudje; 01-21-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

It has arrived .............................. .

For now, I'll leave you guessing .... more to come soon .

Grtz
                              Mathijs
                              Attached Files

Comment

I think I know...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X