My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another beauty Mathijs!

Like Rüdiger and Nigel, I too would like to see a family shot!

Comment

Gosh .... got myself a nice, and most of all inexpensive little treat - with thanks to a hint from a fellow 57er collector !!!
      Advertised as unknown boxed medal, it certainly caught my attention ...

The case is one of the earliest made ones, the DKiG inside is not the earliest S&L, but early enough ... also, its in mint condition !!!

I'll post better pix later on ......
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Matthieu; 04-22-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I like it Mathijs, the case looks like one of the very early halbetui style, is that right? If so, thats a great find just on its own!!
        The DKiG's not bad either!!! Sounds like you got yourself a nice bargain!!
        Looking forward to more pics!!!
        -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by knockoffnigel View Post
          I like it Mathijs, the case looks like one of the very early halbetui style, is that right? If so, thats a great find just on its own!!
          The DKiG's not bad either!!! Sounds like you got yourself a nice bargain!!
          Looking forward to more pics!!!
          -Nigel
          Hi Nigel, indeed its a very early halbetui style ... it has the cardboard inlay with the felt ( not sure if written correctly ) sprayed onto it.
          But the hairs are letting go very easily - my DKiG is covered in them .

And yep ... it was a bargain !

Grtz
          Mathijs

Comment

Hi Mathijs

that looks really minty on your pics, wonderful. I think you don´t have to date that DK too late, my opinion is mid 60s from what i saw
            Hoping to see better pics of both, DK and etui.

As i am looking later this year for a nice etui for my DK i have to learn somethimg about them

Forgot to say .......GREAT CATCH MY FRIEND

Comment

Time to add a group shot of my cased beauties ..... enjoy .
              Attached Files

Comment

Great collection of DK's Mathijs, they make a fantastic group!!! Nice to see them all together, and more to come, I'm sure!!!! I think RK's, DK's etc. always look even better in their cases, you've got some top pieces there!!!
                A collection to be proud of!!! -Nigel

Comment

That group would fit perfect to my display

Very nice DK´s you have there, i just felt in with your DK´s

Comment

Very nice Mathijs! That is one impressive display of beautiful DK's!

Comment

I got this one in the mail this morning .... six rivit piece . Is this now Deschler or Godet ???

Someone used some copper polish on it, so the brass is poking out nicely, but leaving the rest of the DKiG covered in black dirt ....

Looks like it will need a good and safe cleaning ... will post further pix tomorrow .

In the meantime, comments are much appreciated !

Grtz
                      Mathijs
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Matthieu; 04-30-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Well above pix are actually after 1/2 hrs cleaning ... this is how it arrived !
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great and rare piece Mathijs.

Godet or Deschler ?????

Well, normally the DK´s with Godet wreath are attributed to Deschler (4 rivets version).
                          But the 6 rivet style is IMO more consistant to Godet. So we would have 2 attributes who speaks for Godet - wreath and 6 rivets.

I always stated that i am not really convinced that the 4 rivet version was made by Deschler but i haven´t got good arguments or evidences for that.

Normally a cleaning of a piece is destroying the aura, character and history but at this one you did a good job ---> to get it and to clean it

Well done, King of DK´s and RK´s

Comment

Very interesting DK Mathijs, looks to be a nice early, quality piece!!
                            Is it heavy?? how does it compare with the weight of an early S & L??
                            Dont know if its Deschler or Godet, there are good arguments for both makers, some may think one, and some the other, but either way i like the look of it!!
                            I think you've done a good job on the cleaning, looks better for it, dont be tempted to do too much, i think its got great character!!!
                            Great addition to your DK collection Mathijs, you keep landing some really nice pieces!!!
                            Good find!!! -Nigel

Comment

Thanks for your input on this one, guys. I would be more tempted to say Godet, seeing the wreah and 6-rivit setup.

Weight ... I'm franticly looking to buy a digital scale, but havent bot round getting one.
                              IMO it feels lighter in hand then my earliest setup S&L pieces.

I've stopped cleaning it, very pleased with the result. It shows the largest wreath to be made out of messing ( red color brass ) and the small wreath brass ( yellowish ) color. The disc behind the EK also has messing color.

I'll post further pix tomorrow when more time and hopefully sunshine .

Comment

Weight ... I'm franticly looking to buy a digital scale, but havent bot round getting one.
                                I bought http://cgi.ebay.de/100g-0-01g-Feinwa...item53e10b4931 in december. It´s not an expensive one and i am really happy with that one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X