My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I like this DK Matthieu Enamelled red ring and good quality gilding to the wreath. The finish to the rear of the DK is also good. It may have the open style hinge but I guess that this one dates around the mid 1960's - so still an earlyish one. The quality is clearly still there on this one.

Good find.

Regards
    David

Comment

Maybe not the earliest, but not a modern piece for sure.
      I think David is not far off with dating it as mid sixties.
      I like it and consider it as very collectable

Comment

I can only agree with the two previous assessments Mathijs. A very nice and collectible DK.

Once again, you're on a roll my friend! Keepin' the love alive!

Comment

And for a change ... a more modern variety with amazingly quite some good finish. Price vs Quality = .
          Attached Files

Comment

And a sneak preview of my latest purchase ... better pix to follow when in hand.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Matthieu; 07-29-2009, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Aaaah, you got this piece I had it on my watchlist (only to see how high it gets)
              Great addition

Comment

And here it is ... yet another eBay victory . More pix to follow in seperate thread !
                Attached Files

Comment

They say money cant buy happiness, however I am very happy having bought my 5th one " cheap as chips " .
                  Another S&L early production style ( full block hinge, enamel ring, etc ). Better pix to follow when daylight.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some better pix in daylight .... group shot to follow .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Mathys, looking forward to the group shot!!!!!!!! -Nigel
                      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by knockoffnigel View Post
                        Very nice Mathys, looking forward to the group shot!!!!!!!! -Nigel
                        I dont know how to work Photoshop ... but this is not too bad, I hope .
                        Attached Files

Comment

An eyecatcher

Comment

A beautiful sight!! looks like a treasure chest!!! very nice collection of DK's Mathys, well done!! -Nigel
                            sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                              I dont know how to work Photoshop ... but this is not too bad, I hope .
                              I have seen worse......................Just kidding!

But I would love to see a DKis in the family picture!
                              I would also like to see some close ups of the DKig with the thin wreath.

Comment

And yesterday, I got this for my 28th birthday ..... another nice & early S&L silver PAB !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X