No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ David, thanks for your comments ... myself I was unaware there were any marked Schickle RK's out there .. thanks for educating me .

Secondly, I bought this piece from Philipp Claus, who confirmed to me the RK belonged to Becker, same as the other RK & mini chain currently for sale on their site ... I have dealt with Philipp before and have no reason to believe as to why such reputable dealer would lie about it ...

Grtz
    Mathijs

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
      @ David, thanks for your comments ... myself I was unaware there were any marked Schickle RK's out there .. thanks for educating me .

Secondly, I bought this piece from Philipp Claus, who confirmed to me the RK belonged to Becker, same as the other RK & mini chain currently for sale on their site ... I have dealt with Philipp before and have no reason to believe as to why such reputable dealer would lie about it ...

Grtz
      Mathijs
      Hello

Claus and Doreen are good guys, and I very much doubt that they would mislead over this. Great news

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
        Hello

Claus and Doreen are good guys, and I very much doubt that they would mislead over this. Great news
        Agreed! I've had several transactions with them and they are people of integrity.

Comment

Beautifull RK's, congrats on these nice additions

But the provenance is IMO so weak that I wouldn't call them attributed.
          It surprises me to see that some members talk highly about the seller of the S&L.
          If I learned something in my collectng days is that the words from sellers are completely worthless, your seller is for sure no exception.

Comment

I meant seller of the Schickle in the previous post.

BTW: Are you sure you recieved a postcard?
            As far as I can see it is the same image that is found in a few books.
            I also recieved an image (but different) wich is told to be the wearer.
            At first I thought that it was a picture but now you made me doubdt that it could be an old copy.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLuudje View Post
              I meant seller of the Schickle in the previous post.

BTW: Are you sure you recieved a postcard?
              As far as I can see it is the same image that is found in a few books.
              I also recieved an image (but different) wich is told to be the wearer.
              At first I thought that it was a picture but now you made me doubdt that it could be an old copy.
              Hi Luud,

The Schickle came from Claus, the other S&L RK was eBay ...

Good point on the picture / postcard ... perhaps we can post both once RĂ¼diger is done with his research on these pieces.
              If it turns out to be an unattributed RK ... so be it ... I purchased the RK just as a lovely "B" frame S&L 1st pattern ... anything extra is a lovely bonus.

Comment

All doubts aside ... I'm sure you can all agree on this being a lovely FJ badge .....
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like mid sixties production by S&L ... love the details on the eagle !!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Mathijs!! As you say, nicely detailed, and a great looking finish to it too!!
                    I think your date sounds about right too, maybe even a year or two older??? Was this one from the same seller as my Panzer group and that nice early balloon badge??? he had some great stuff!!!!party0049.gif
                    -Nigel
                    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                      Good point on the picture / postcard ... perhaps we can post both once RĂ¼diger is done with his research on these pieces.
                      It seems that I never have to post my stuff because other members make a habit of posting other peoples pictures of MY items on the Fora.
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...01#post4074201

Comment

hi

Hi Matthieu
                        Congrats very nice collection

Comment

Nice para Mathijs.

This one uses the reworked die in which the swastika had been removed from the die and the wartime wing flaw repaired. It still has the narrow catch, so probably early to mid-60's. It has a very nice finish to it!

Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLuudje View Post
                            It seems that I never have to post my stuff because other members make a habit of posting other peoples pictures of MY items on the Fora.
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...01#post4074201
                            Sorry about that, Luud ... didn't know the ribbon bar was yours ... I merely added a shot to get more response ... Indeed the postcard posted in that thread was the one which came with the RK.

Comment

Things have been a little slow lately ... time to refresh our family forum

Added this lovely LW Day Fighter Clasp .... nice little bugger, thats for sure ... .
                              Attached Files

Comment

Not the earliest with wide style pin, but still good early quality features !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X