No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, did not mean to tempt you all . Got 1/2 day off this morning, so time to post pix in daylight .

First up a EK2 with mm4 in the ring. Very magnetic core ( seems iron core with copper / brass coating ). The details on the oaks are very outspoken, havent seen this on many EK2's. However, it seems that the areas around the oaks have received another coat of paint - clearly visible on the pix. The frame shows no real flaws ...

I'm sure this is one you EK boys shall appreciate .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Matthieu; 11-18-2009, 06:41 AM.

Comment

And last one for now ( still waiting for the rest or have to collect from Post Office during the weekend ) ...

S&L with Souval hardware (?) ... Cross is magnetic, but feels very light in hand ( reminds of wartime L/56 ). Nicely detailed core & oaks.
      Frosting is letting go here and there ... I like it .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Matthieu; 11-18-2009, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Two very nice EK Mathijs!! I love 'em both
        The EK2 is a very early one with the MM, from the first couple of years of production!!, Very nice core details and a great quality overall finish, interesting about the paint, does look like its had 2 coats!!
        The EK1 is nice too, some people think this style of pin makes it one of the very first S & L EK1's, but i think this style is anywhere around the late 50's/early 60's!!
        Two very fine new additions which would grace anyones collection (especially mine)
        Great photo's too, well worth the wait!!!!smiley-score010.gif -Nigel
        Last edited by knockoffnigel; 11-18-2009, 10:02 AM.
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Hi guys, I was able to buy a small lot of 10x EK cores. Following breakdown :

+ 3x EK1 core ( magnetic & hollow back - see pic )
          + 3x 2nd pattern RK core ( non-magnetic )
          + 4x 2nd pattern RK core ( magnetic )

Will post some more details pix for study tomorrow or over the weekend

Grtz
          Mathijs
          Attached Files

Comment

All great pieces I love the marked EK II most

The cores are very interesting and now you only need a few frames and your homework can start ...

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
              The cores are very interesting and now you only need a few frames and your homework can start ...
              Good one Rüdiger . But I intend to keep one each and offer the rest to the forum members, if anyone interested .

Comment

Some GREAT EK's Mathijs! Really nice core detail, paint and all! And an MM's 4! Sweet!

I like the RK cores too! Interesting!

Comment

57 pieces hve never appealed to me but that is a gret collection

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
                    All great pieces I love the marked EK II most

If Mathijs finds some frames, he can go into buisness as a 57 hersteller!!!
                    Seriously though, nice looking cores, all interesting pieces!!! -Nigel

Comment

Very nice EKs Mathys.

I am one of those folks who believes the "Souval-pin" S&L EK1s are the earliest production. I've also found that they vast majority have a peculiar leopard-spot patina to the flanges of the frame, and yours is no exception. It is only this particular type of EK1 on which I see this consistently.

By the way I am interested in some of your cores. I'll PM you.

Looking forward to the rest.

I have been busy on another research project lately, but now that it's posted (here) I'm up for a collaboration (or even a solo effort) on 57 EK dating.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Before getting some well needed sleep, a quick shot of my newly received early broad pin S&L DKiG .
                        Attached Files

Comment

And here it will spend most if its time . Better pix to follow when more awake then now and more time .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Mathijs!!!

I see some nice burnishing on the gold wreath and she looks quite comfy in her new home! It looks like there might be burnishing on the very outer tips of silver star as well.

Great addition buddy!!!

Comment

Looking good Mathijs, looking forward to more pics when you get the chance!!-Nigel

Comment

Great piece my friend It does not get earlier for a S&L

I see some nice burnishing on the gold wreath
                                I think it´s not burnishing - it´s more the worn look, the gilding is missing on the top .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X