My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!
    Very impressive Mathijs! I guess that's a testament to the power of the 1957 New Form awards! Once you get into them, YER HOOKED!

Comment

What wrong with some dealers these days ...

Can some-one tell me what the hell is wrong with some dealears these days ????? In the last month, I've received two wrong shipments ( total of 3 items ). Sure, they look similar, but not the ones offered on their sites. They show nice pix of early items, but they send you modern production . WTF ???

From one dealer I've already returned his stuff, but have been waiting for over one month to get my money back. I had to threaten him with reporting him to Police before getting an answer. Money should be in my account by Friday.

From the other dealer, they claim the item received = item on offer, but its not !!! I can now return the item and get my money back.

The result of all my efforts are no items and total postage 18 € from my own pocket !
      Last edited by Matthieu; 06-17-2009, 12:26 PM.

Comment

sorry to hear that Mathys, dont know what it is with these dealers, do they think all 57ers are the same?? or are they trying a con and hope you dont notice?? either way, its a pain in the ass, and i would'nt buy from them again!! hope you get all your money back!! -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
          Hi guys,

First of all I would like to thank you for all the support and feedback I got from you ... it has helped me quite a lot in finding some nice 57-items.
          Second, I'll post in this thread all my little treasures and beauties . But for sure, I will post some crap as well ( ignorance ).
          Third ... I must apologize for my lack of photography skills ... I got a digital camera, but .... thats it - but learning !

To kick this thread off ... a recent purchase of the complete gamma WB's ... ( got it in the mail this morning )
          Hello,

Thank you for posting these wonderful items for us all to enjoy!
          Happy Hunting,
          Vince Leone

Comment

Boah Very impressive collection with wonderful pieces, but why do you have so many Knights crosses and have none Think we have to talk in december
            canĀ“t wait to see how your collection is growing - next pics in december and then every half year ?

Comment

Hi RĆ¼diger ... I have some stuff heading my way ... still to show is :

1/ Demjansk shield
              2/ Pilot badge
              3/ Silver PAB
              4/ Ground Assault badge ....

Once I've got these in hand, I'll see to re-arrange the display and post some general pix ....

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                Hi RĆ¼diger ... I have some stuff heading my way ... still to show is :

1/ Demjansk shield
                2/ Pilot badge
                3/ Silver PAB
                4/ Ground Assault badge ....
                pics when they arrived - i think i gave you my thought about the early demjansk
                Where do you find all this pieces? Buying all over the world? IĀ“m only looking here in germany.

Comment

Well boys ... they have arrived ... my latest treasures .... feast your eyes on these . For starters, a great looking silver PAB !
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Matthieu; 06-19-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

And then this wonderfull Ground Assault Badge, with sloppy eagle placement . I'm sure Mike can confirm if early or later production.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Matthieu; 06-19-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

And then to finish with this wonderfull Pilot badge . I have always adored these Pilot badges so much, I've even bought a wartime one !
                      The frames of all these three great looking pieces are so bright, it has been difficult taking a decent picture of them.
                      Attached Files

Comment

very nice Mathys, i like all 3 pieces, but like you, i've always thought the Pilots badge was a classic design, and yours looks great!! some more great additions to your ever growing collection!! great finds -Nigel
                        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Hey Mathys ,

all great early pieces, the pilots badge is the burner,great design and style

I see you learned how to show much at one photo

All very good catches

Comment

Hello

Three very nice, and early additions to your collection

Regards
                            David

Comment

A little correction about the PAB. I think at very early pieces the area under the cannon is cut out. At your PAB it is not so, i only know that from modern productions - while your PAB has a solid hinge......donĀ“t really know what i have to think about the PAB

Comment

Would call these nice semi-early pieces based on the pins, except for that PAB, but still having the block hinge.

Rudiger, you're correct! That is a later PAB as not only does it have the material still below the canon, but to the left of the turret between the wreath is also filled in. Looking at that one, I'm surprised Mathhieu passed on the one I offered. See pic.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X