The Machinegunner Sharpshooters Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I have a question regarding this type of badge.

Was the concession of this badge written in the Militärpaß from the soldier?

For example, I have a MP from a Bavarian Soldier from a MK (Maschinegewehr-Kompanie) ann there is no mention, whatsoever, of that particular badge.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Antonio
    Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen a wehrpass/soldbuch entry for these.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
        I focus solely on Freikorps material and would suggest it's nothing more than aesthetics, as well as historical reference. Black was a favourite colour for sleeve, collar badge backing and cuff-titles and was also a reference back to the black Freikorps Lützow Hussars during the Wars of Liberation in 1813-14.

Here's the set to the Freikorps Eiserne Eskadron officer to which I referred. It appears the MG badge you recently acquired was the same one from this set.

I bought the collar badge privately before the MG badge was put up for auction. So, I know the provenance of these and know they all originally belonged to the same Freikorps officer.
        Very nice group Brian... jeez!
        Might you have the officers name?

Comment

Hello;
          I have had this for a while.I have read this thread and I couldn't find the information on a Juncker counterfeit. What if the plate on the back is magnetic? Here is my badge. please comment. Thank you, Vaughn
          Attached Files

Comment

That one is a fake. Sorry.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Not sure if I posted anything about the WWI German machinegun on top of the Royal Canadian Legion in Madoc, Ontario, Canada before. I tried to take a picture of it but the background sky so bright I just can't get a good clear picture of it. It looks just like the gun on the badge

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                Not sure if I posted anything about the WWI German machinegun on top of the Royal Canadian Legion in Madoc, Ontario, Canada before. I tried to take a picture of it but the background sky so bright I just can't get a good clear picture of it. It looks just like the gun on the badge
                Here's one at Burk's Falls Ontario.
                Attached Files

Comment

An interesting photo.
                  Attached Files
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

And a new badge.
                    Attached Files
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Nice looking badge

Comment

Nice Badge . And the Photo . Never Seen on the left Site

Comment

Correct. He has sewn it on the wrong sleeve.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

This is mine, opinions wanted, Joe
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's a good one.
                              pseudo-expert

Comment

There are 2 of these machine guns flanking either side of the War Memorial Cenotaff in Harold Ontario

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X