The Machinegunner Sharpshooters Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my mini for comparison.
    I am NOT saying any of the minis above are bad, just slightly different.
    Attached Files

Comment

More.
      Attached Files

Comment

Better pictures of my miniature

Comment

Here of a different but normal size

Comment

My badge arrived today. It is in excellent condition, very nice details for such a small badge. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Comment

I wait Sergeant

Comment

Gents
                Anyone here own this case saw it but it was already sold.

Eric
                Attached Files

Comment

Size 9.5 x 7.5 cm so the badge maybe a mini what do you think?

Cheers
                  Attached Files

Comment

Could someone please tell me exactly when this badge was first instituted as per regulations and when it was ceased being worn?

Are there some makers which only made this badge postwar? If yes, who were they?

Thank you.

Comment

It was instituted some time in early 1916. I believe it was phased out by the post war Reichswehr.
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Beersheba4thLH View Post
                        Could someone please tell me exactly when this badge was first instituted as per regulations and when it was ceased being worn?

Are there some makers which only made this badge postwar? If yes, who were they?

Thank you.
                        Initial Summary.

08/2/16 Prussia for the war duration only.
                        16/2/16 Württemberg.
                        17/2/16 Saxony.
                        19/2/16 Bavaria.

Officers: Had to send in a request (Prussia)
                        21/8/17 Prussia.
                        07/9/17 Württemberg (administrative order)
                        24/9/17 Bavaria.
                        Saxony ?

Musketen-Bataillone
                        22/4/1918 (administrative order) after receiving maxim 08 but remained as Musketen-Bataillone.

Regards

Comment

Thank you Hoss and Don D.

Comment

Hello guys. Great thread. I had no idea of it's existence and i was directed here by another member. I have this badge which came with a group of items of an MG gunner and i am planning to trade it with another member. I have no doubts about it but i wanted to be 100% sure before proceeding with the trade.

Other examples i have seen in WAF while searching have a metallic backing and i can't feel such thing in mine while pressing it with my fingers. On the back there is another layer of woolen fabric that is sewn together with the top layer like a sandwich. The pins go through the 2nd layer and hold them both together. Then there is a paper backing like a sticker which covers the reverse completely and from the remaining holes i can tell that the badge was attached on the coat like this. If i try to open a seam on the side will i be able to see the metallic backing inside?
                            Attached Files
                            sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

2 more pics
                              Attached Files
                              sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

I've been trying to place this badge since it was posted. I cannot find a matching design. That is not a bad thing. The front is believeable. The paper backing is not unknown. I would like to know if it can be lifted at any point to peek underneath? The tabs bother me a bit. They seem wider than normal. I can't say it is good but I can't say it is bad either. The sewing holes appear to be done by machine.

Is the badge magnetic?
                                pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X