No announcement yet.

BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any idea what this is? It has the same shoulderboard tube as seen on the jacket in post 1030. Overall shape is similar to the BGS Drillich a few pages before that, but many details are off when looking more close.

Maybe some other service?
    Could also be a way different country though, this is just me trying to find out what I bought.

Comment

Just came across these BGS photos. Sorry if they have been posted before.
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Nice Pic's. Sadly I can't see exactly if they're wearing the squared or Triangle Scarves.
            I asked my Friend for the squared ones again and he told me that he got these directly from an BGS Depot, marked as AFV Crew Scarves on the Boxes.
            They came together with the Special AFV Crew Berets.

Comment

Nice pics Willi. Always room for more

Michel,

Yeah, the Drillich you have does not appear to be BGS. I've got about a dozen pics of the uniform in use and all of them show a jacket that mimics the features of the wool tunic of the time. In particular the "scallop" pocket flaps.

As I speculated on the IACMC forum, my guess is it's probably Bereitschaft Polizei, Zoll, or perhaps even something like Justiz. I think it's going to be very difficult to nail it down specifically due to the poor documentation of the uniforms from this period of time, the common designs between services, and lack of documented surviving examples to compare against.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                Heh... bread picture is funny!

I'm rusty on my knowledge about the bread bags. Any markings inside that confirm it is BGS and not Polizei?

Steve
                Couldn't find any markings on it inside, seller indicated BGS, but there are no markings to confirm.

Comment

R.I.P. Ulrich Wegener

Ulrich Wegener passed away on the 28th of December 2017 at the age of 88 ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very sad news on the passing of General Wegener.

Originally posted by Reibert-Austria View Post
                    Ulrich Wegener passed away on the 28th of December 2017 at the age of 88 ...

Comment

I believe the tunic depicted in post #1081 is Italian police.

I had something similar in the early 1980's and it still had the Italian police buttons attached.

N

Comment

Italian? That would be as interesting as it is surprising!

Michel, check out the collar area very carefully and see if there's any sign of stitching. If you do, that could be the key to identification. Italian police collar insignia are very long rectangles compared to BGS, Berlin, and S-H. If you see a different shape completely, maybe you can show us the outline?

Steve

Comment

not surprise me, he showed pictures of this jacket to me recently and it had some non typical details for German. Also not resemble any Polizei summer jackets i have encountered. Knew it was not German, but was not sure what it could be.

Had not guessed Italian though... but the Italian police uniforms (or at least other models in use in the 80s) appear to have same type of pockets - pleated with straight cut flaps.

Regards
                          Klaus

Comment

I didn't expect Italian police either, quite a strange thing to pop up here in shops that don't carry any other Italian stuff, but 99% only sell Dutch stuff.
                            I'll check out the collar tomorrow at my depot!

Comment

Sorry, wrong post...
                              Last edited by ReinerMB42; 01-12-2018, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Found this in my Storage yesterday while sorting.
                                Doe they call it just Einsatzhemd or is there another description.
                                Polo-Style Long Sleeve.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X