BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen
    The new Parka arrived today and the condition is virtually mint this was a great surprise, also the Parka was issued and shoulderboards added !
    Here is the badge
    Regards Chay
    Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder boards
      Attached Files

Comment

Opti zip
        Attached Files

Comment

Got my hands on a BGS breadbag, unfortunately my "reproduction bread" doesn't fit

Maybe someone can recommend me a better substitute lol. In all seriousness, just what was usually kept in a breadbag? I've tried searching for information, but not found any.

Edit: Images not embedding again so here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/Vv8bE

Comment

Thanks for the closeup. Yup, looks like original/correct stitching on the badges to me. Just a little sloppier than I've usually seen. Maybe the worker was late for Oktoberfest and rushed through the last few badges?

Good find on the rank. This is the older type and is correct for your parka. The newer type has wider straps with plastic in them and they do not fit in the older shoulder loops like yours has.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Johan_S View Post
              Got my hands on a BGS breadbag, unfortunately my "reproduction bread" doesn't fit

Maybe someone can recommend me a better substitute lol. In all seriousness, just what was usually kept in a breadbag? I've tried searching for information, but not found any.

Edit: Images not embedding again so here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/Vv8bE
              Heh... bread picture is funny!

I'm rusty on my knowledge about the bread bags. Any markings inside that confirm it is BGS and not Polizei?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                Thanks for the closeup. Yup, looks like original/correct stitching on the badges to me. Just a little sloppier than I've usually seen. Maybe the worker was late for Oktoberfest and rushed through the last few badges?

Good find on the rank. This is the older type and is correct for your parka. The newer type has wider straps with plastic in them and they do not fit in the older shoulder loops like yours has.

Steve
                Steve I wouldn’t add these I have many they came with it so original to the Parka!
                Regards Chay

Comment

Gentlemen
                  It’s arrived and I’m again extremely pleased with it! It has never been washed and is virtually mint condition !
                  It even has a part label safety clipped into the hanger from original issue!
                  Here are some photos
                  Kind regards Chay
                  Attached Files

Comment

Newer version of the Opti zip
                    Attached Files

Comment

BGS schiffchen?

Hello everyone, here is another schiffchen - I'm wondering about the one in the middle (top is BGS, bottom is BW).

This looks like the later "moosgrün" BGS color / possibly too green to be BW(?).

Quality is nicer than the standard garrison caps.

Thanks again,
                      Steven
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by upbeek View Post
                        Gentlemen
                        It’s arrived and I’m again extremely pleased with it! It has never been washed and is virtually mint condition !
                        It even has a part label safety clipped into the hanger from original issue!
                        Here are some photos
                        Kind regards Chay
                        Ah! I missed this one. Very interesting! The stitching is quite different than the usual style. First, the top thread on the eagle badge is green, usually it's white. Second, the stitching is far denser than normal. And by normal I mean uniforms of the past, contemporary, and later.

Note that the BUNDESGRENZSCHUTZ tab has zig zag stitching in green. That is normal, though denser spacing than normal. On the Sumpftarn parkas the stitching is usually a straight stitch. I attribute that to the tabs being added after the uniform was manufactured and perhaps it was easier or cheaper to do it that way.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by StevenB3518 View Post
                          Hello everyone, here is another schiffchen - I'm wondering about the one in the middle (top is BGS, bottom is BW).

This looks like the later "moosgrün" BGS color / possibly too green to be BW(?).

Quality is nicer than the standard garrison caps.

Thanks again,
                          Steven
                          correct, this is Schiffchen from the moosgrün era (1981 fall definitely within it). They were still worn worn by helicopter crews in the early moosgrün era before the berets introduced, because the Schiffchen fit better under the headset than the stiff Bergmütze.

Regards
                          Klaus

Comment

Got a bunch of the se Sacrves the other day and want to show them.
                            Never saw them before so I asked a friend who dealt with BGS Stuff in Loads.
                            HE told me, these were used by the Armored Vehicle Crews as a Dust Protector when on Tour.
                            About 120x40cm and very light Cotton.
                            Attached Files

Comment

summer weight scarves, not only vehicle crews - see them often in photos in 50s/60s photos of the Sumpftarn uniforms (probably to soak sweat and protect the uniform collars).

Regards
                              Klaus

Comment

Not to be confused with the triangle ones.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X