No announcement yet.

BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the badge is actually embroidered directly to similar moleskin backing like the jacket (not hbt), although they may have used bevo badge sewn to a backing by early 60s like Steve mention. i have photos of one somewhere. I have one of these tunics and the correct patch for it - far right in photo:

Regards
    Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
      the badge is actually embroidered directly to similar moleskin backing like the jacket (not hbt),
      Ah, I forgot about that type! Even though there's one on the "mystery" jacket I got from you a while ago

For sure the bevo badge on HBT backing was worn in the 1960s, but I had thought it was used earlier because of the HBT cloth. You think that might be true, perhaps for the late production types? How long was the summer uniform produced?

Steve

Comment

Steve,
        the jacket i sold you is probably Hamburg Bepo with added BGS patch. At least that is what i was told, because of the BEFA HBG stamp. They wore similar shoulderboards as BGS, but different backing colour and their uniforms were completely different from the blue Schupo uniforms since late 50s.

But this BGS patch was worn on the moleskin - can identify it in photos, even a few colour ones. Moleskin was worn well into the 60s, not sure when production stopped though. I have not seen bevo patches on the moleskin uniforms in period photos, only the embroidered moleskin type. The work uniforms were hbt, but not use sleeve patches until late 60s. Type you describe could be for those.

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Thank You Klaus, looks like some nice uniforms there. Is it possible to send a close up of the patch on the summer jacket. I found this one but not sure if it is correct for the summer jacket.

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
          the badge is actually embroidered directly to similar moleskin backing like the jacket (not hbt), although they may have used bevo badge sewn to a backing by early 60s like Steve mention. i have photos of one somewhere. I have one of these tunics and the correct patch for it - far right in photo:

Regards
          Klaus
          Attached Files

Comment

that patch is incorrect. Not exactly sure what it is for, but is later. The moleskin tunic patches are identical to the wool ones, but the eagle is embroidered on moleskin material instead of wool. They appear loose sometimes on ebay.de, i have bought another one there a couple years ago.

Regards
            Klaus

Comment

Good morning Gentlemen
              I have had these a while and thought I would share,
              Regards Chay
              Attached Files

Comment

Also a 48 sized parka with hood in very mint condition
                Enjoy!
                Attached Files

Comment

Zip
                  Attached Files

Comment

Badge
                    Attached Files

Comment

EDIT: Images posted here as I could not figure out how to resize them for the forum: https://imgur.com/a/YDKte

The promised pictures of my magazine pouches from two different sources. The one on the left is from HKParts.net and was contained inside of the envelope under it. The one on the right is from another retailer and has signs of heavy use. Both however are in good condition and fit curved airsoft magazines just fine as you can see in the picture.

What's interesting is that the HKParts.net pouch has BUND markings while the other pouch has TWH markings. While outwardly similiar, the rings used for attaching the pouches to the Y-harness are slightly different with the rings on the BUND marked pouch being made of thicker gauged metal.

Could anyone shed light on the different markings? The only conclusion I can draw is that the TWH pouches were made for BGS use while the BUND pouches were made for another department, most likely Berlin Polizei.

Comment

Johan,

TWH is just one of the more common makers of MP5 pouches, which is still unidentified. The BUND markings indicate BGS issue in this case (national/federal organisations) - if they were West Berlin they would be marked PPBln and blue canvas (but West Berlin had their own types of pouches). They were issued to some Landespolizeien however, but markings vary and not think lack of BUND stamp always indicate non-BGS issue. Some pouches are marked with NSN and others not also.

Yours is the variant with 2 pairs of belt loops to allow wear at different levels on belts. There also existed variant with only the lower pair of belt loops.

Regards
                        Klaus

Comment

the pouches posted by upbeek above are for the shorter (20 round?) Beretta magazines and not MP5, because of the slanted belt straps and different d-ring. Later pattern - earlier ones are slightly different materials and no attached d-ring (had to use the belt d-rings for the y-straps). I have several of the pouches for the longer (30rd.?) Beretta magazines, which seem a little more common in period photos.

Comment

Thank you Klaus,
                            They're blue green in colour!
                            So you think they are for a Barretta pistol?
                            Kind regards Chay

Comment

Originally posted by upbeek View Post
                              Thank you Klaus,
                              They're blue green in colour!
                              So you think they are for a Barretta pistol?
                              Kind regards Chay
                              Not pistol, SMG. This is the old WW2 M38, which the BGS called MP-1.

upbeek, very nice parka you have there. What is the date? Almost always it can be found on the label on the inside left chest pocket (not on the liner, in the pocket itself). I suspect you have a late 1960s type as I've come to associate the camo backed badge as from that time period, but I'm not entirely sure that's correct. It would be good to compare your date with the theory.

Steve

Comment

correction: the BGS called the Beretta "MP Beretta", MP1 was only the Bundeswehr designation (small number were taken into BW service from BGS). No BGS manual or official documents i have seen ever call it MP1. BGS used the M38/49, which has a few differences from WW2 models.

BGS issued several sizes of magazine (20 and 30 round iirc), so there are 2 different pouch sizes. These were also issued to Landespolizeien, have seen grey-green ones for Schleswig-Holstein and have a pouch marked for Rheinland-Pfalz Gendarmerie (but otherwise identical to BGS).

Regards
                                Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X