No announcement yet.

BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This tunic is much lighter in colour then the previous one. There are no stamps or insignia on this tunic to indicate which state used it. However, there is a slit inside the right lower pocket to allow a pistol holster to hang outside of the tunic supported by a belt of some type worn inside the tunic. So this tunic belongs to one of the police forces that wore their pistols this way. This probably indicates it was worn as a summer service tunic in urban areas. The interior of the Hessen tunic is set up as a field tunic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Breeches/riding pants made from the same mottled material. There are no markings inside these pants. They are made in the exact same style as the war time breeches/riding pants.
      Attached Files

Comment

A post war hat made in mottled material. Notice the difference in shape from the war time M43 style cap at the start of this thread. This style was retained when the new green uniforms were put into issue. It has a cockade from Bavaria.
        Attached Files

Comment

For comparison, here is a later type cap, in the green material, but in the same shape as the mottled material one.
          Attached Files

Comment

And another cap of this early period as worn in Berlin. This cap came with a repro TR eagle sewn to the front but with PP Berlin GB markings under the sweat band. I have removed the TR repro eagle. The piping is silver for an officer.
            I do not believe that the cap of this type posted earlier in the thread would have had a police star for a cap badge. I think the cap is too early to have used a star badge. It probably had a state cockade similar to the one on the Bavarian cap that I posted above.

Regards,

Gordon
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again guys!!!!....hey Gordon.... that's some really nice early, and not often seen kit you have there!!!

Ok... so after years of neglect and being squashed under piles of stuff ishouldnt wonder!!!....I have now stuffed the peak with tissue paper to give it back some shape !!!! I also took a close up pic of the missing cockade/badge position.....its two holes side by side!!?? does this help to identify what would have originally been there!????
              many thanks for your help!!

regards,

Paul

Comment

Paul,

The two holes are typical for a cockade like the one on my Bavarian cap. There are two prongs on cockades hence the two holes. That doesn't help with what police force wore this cap unless there is a makers label/markings inside the cap and even that is not fool proof. Most police forces preferred to buy locally made items of clothing but that didn't happen 100% of the time.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Found those 2 docs in a paper lot, is there any interest for such items?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Schirmmütze

Can anyone give me any more information on this BGS Schirmmütze: date range, rank...

Thank you,
                    Steven
                    Attached Files

Comment

It's beautiful !!!!!! Tom

Comment

Nice hat! I don't think there's a way to nail down the specific date, but I would say 1970s or perhaps late 1960s. It's for a middle ranked officer.

Steve

Comment

i collect BGS documents and paperwork like that.

I consider these caps from early-mid 60s, maybe later also, but impossible to date. Early 60s officer Bergmütze i have, has similar label.

Regards
                          Klaus

Comment

Can anyone give me more Information about these two Bundesgrenzschutz patches...

Comment

Hello! For the ones collecting BGS:

The photo above of a BGS tank driver in uniform is part of a BGS photo album from the 50s. Beautiful Sumpftarn und Splittertarn camo photos inside.

Regards, Matthias

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X