X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liner Saarland helmet
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys, I made a mistake in the helmet with "polizei" on it!!! I said it's Wurtemberg, but it must be Hessen!!!!
      here is the liner
      Attached Files

Comment

Heesen marking
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not really in to these as I collect German helmets from 1916 untill 1945.
          Many years ago I had the possibility to buy these from an old police museum and because I kinda liked them, I took them and I still have a few of them on my shelves.
          The only missing one was the Bremen helmet, I think it's a quite difficult one to find.

Comment

langemarck,

Thanks for the great pictures. I wondered how you had been abnle to acquire these rare helmets. Now that you have said they came from a museum it is understandable. Yes Bremen is hard to get. I have never seen one for sale.
            A question. Why do you say the Polizei helmet is from Hessen? The markings on the back of the helmet, other than the Q for Quist, look like a DIN number with the D not stamped. That would make it a post war helmet. The liner certainly is interesting in the Polizei helmet.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon,
              Your post about West German decals was very interesting. Do you know which Bundesland used "Polizei-grün" helmets with black/gold shield on one side and Bundesadler (fat, Bundestag style) on other? They appear sometimes on ebay. Black/gold shield shape more like Reichswehr style. I do not think they are fakes.

regards
              Klaus

Comment

Gordon,
                the DN number on Quist helmets was already used during WO2. It's also known that Quist made M42 helmets before the end of war but they are extremely rare.
                It's possible that the Quist M42 helmets used post war all came out old pre '45 stocks.

I only now it's from Hessen because the old owner told me and later I found the helmet back in Ludwig Baer's book.(German version part 2)

It's possible I have still a few of the other ones somewhere in a box, but I'm not sure.
                I also had ND Berlin helmets and a few SD from Bayeren(from these I wasn't sure of there originality!!) If your'e interested i'll see if I still have them and post them, maybe you can tell me if they are good.
                Ivan

Comment

Ivan,

This is the first time that I have heard that DIN numbers were used during the war. Very interesting piece of info. I have all of Baer's books. Both German and English editions. I'll have to, look in Vol 2. I remember a POLIZEI helmet like your in it so more fun and research! I would like to see pictures your other helmets when you have the time.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                    Gordon,
                    Your post about West German decals was very interesting. Do you know which Bundesland used "Polizei-grün" helmets with black/gold shield on one side and Bundesadler (fat, Bundestag style) on other? They appear sometimes on ebay. Black/gold shield shape more like Reichswehr style. I do not think they are fakes.

regards
                    Klaus
                    Klaus,

I have not heard of these decals before. I have expected other to turn up so I find these very interesting. As for Polizei Green, there seems to be an infinite number of different greens used by different police forces. Perhaps the colour used on these helmets would give us a clue to their origin. The next time you see one for sale please PM me with the auction url.
                    Here is a picture of the shield that is on the right side of the Hamburg and Bremen helmets. They follow the style of the Wehrmach rather than the Reichswehr.

Regards,

Gordon
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen,

Very good information on these different police helmets! I look forward to seeing the others. Thanks to all who are posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                        Gordon,

regards
                        Klaus

I believe to recognize the decals(the bundesadler) you talk about, but I think they are all fake/fantasy. This is only my thought, don't know that for sure.
                        The same with the bear decal for Berlin, that on regular base can be found on e-bay.I think Berlin used undecaled helmets only.

Comment

Baden- Wurtemberg
                          Attached Files

Comment

liner
                            Attached Files

Comment

maker mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hamburg. No maker mark in this helmet.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X