2.):
      Attached Files

Comment

Maybe this thread:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...82#post7660582

is from interest ?

Comment

Hello !

Want to show you this "M53", manufactured by Linnemann & Schnetzer, probably carried in the Polizei-Reserve, (police reserve / police-standby), Niedersachsen, or, Berlin.

I was told, such helmets were showin´ this, grey, finish.

The pot is out of repair but it´s the only "35 pattern" police helmet showing this, grey, finish, I have in my collection.

Hope, you like it !

Best regards,
          R.
          Attached Files

Comment

2.):
            Attached Files

Comment

3.):
              Attached Files

Comment

"M53" Landespolizei Baden Württemberg

Hi, mates !

Received another "M53" of the Landespolizei Baden Württemberg today.

Maker: F. W. Quist, Esslingen am Neckar

Cheers,
                R.
                Attached Files

Comment

2.):
                  Attached Files

Comment

You have the magic touch That is probably the best possible example of a B-W helmet a collector could hope to see. The decal is almost totally intact and there's very little signs of use elsewhere. Even the leather looks near new.

Congratulations!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                      You have the magic touch That is probably the best possible example of a B-W helmet a collector could hope to see. The decal is almost totally intact and there's very little signs of use elsewhere. Even the leather looks near new.

Congratulations!

Steve
                      I agree. Tom

Comment

Yes, I really like such M53 helmets of the Polizei, also, the Bundesgrenzschutz.

But, they´re getting higher and higher ...
                        A couple of yrs. ago they´re quite moderate-priced, but, nowadays, pretty pricey actually ...

Comment

This has been a very informative and high quality thread, it help me start my own fledging collection of West German Helmets. Among those I've got, there's a M35/52 L&S 66 shell, in blue grey polizei colour. The thing with this one is that it has the 4 dimples on top as the M35/53 and on the interior it seems to have grounding marks. Could be possible that it was first a M35/53 and later was converted to traditional lining?

Comment

I recently bought this huge helmet thinking it was a reproduction. Using this thread, I discovered it is the West German Model 40/52. Had some nob not applied fake decals, it would rate mint condition. It has a size 59 liner and has the bulbous forehead and short visor.

Can anyone help me with the correct valus so I can offer it on the estand.

Thank you,
                            Bob Hritz
                            Attached Files
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

this grey colour with no blue tint not like any Landespolizei colours, but more like Finnish M55. Vents are also typical for M55 (Polizei helmets have thick vents too, but not quite same shape). Same with the poor quality rim - Polizei helmets are normally quite well made. However the liner is not typical for Finnish helmets, but more like German. Definitely strange! Value maybe 75-100?

Regards
                              Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X