Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice helmet Greg,love the medium size[they do not show up that often.]Paint looks ok ,liner has probably been treated with leatherconditioner more then once making it very dark[which is a bit of a turn off for me]But otherwise a very nice helmet!!!

Comment

I see we have a Gregb and Greg B here on the forum,got me confused for a sec there.

Comment

not for the UK market

The seller will not entertain bids outside the US,not much good if you dont have friends and family in the US
        Regards,Ivan.

Comment

Originally posted by jelle View Post
          I see we have a Gregb and Greg B here on the forum,got me confused for a sec there.
          Yes, I'm GregB in the US and I have tried to change my name to something different like GreggB but can't sort out how to do it? I have received several emails to GregB in NZ (sorry about that) in the past by mistake because of the name confusion.

Comment

Contact one of the mods, they can sort this out.

Luc

Comment

Are the straps not G&S by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by GregB View Post
                What do you guys think of this one?
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported
                Isn't the right cheek strap riveted the way G&S helmets were done (note: this one is BMB manufacture)? Or is this pattern just a theory?

Marcel

@ Jelle: while I was drawing the pattern for this post you made the remark
                Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=gertje;3331797]Isn't the right cheek strap riveted the way G&S helmets were done (note: this one is BMB manufacture)? Or is this pattern just a theory?

I have wondered in the past if this is in- fact a rule with these leather strap variations and there makers. I can confirm my own BMB & G&S leather straps go along with this theory. Then again I would think it possible with supply and production shortages that either company might pick up a shortfall of the other.

Greg B

Comment

Originally posted by GregB View Post
                    Yes, I'm GregB in the US and I have tried to change my name to something different like GreggB but can't sort out how to do it? I have received several emails to GregB in NZ (sorry about that) in the past by mistake because of the name confusion.
                    When I first joined W/A in 2002, I went by the name "Herrflick" and had approx- 1500 Postings. Arround 2005 there was big meltdown at W/A a lot of members lost a large amount of there postings and for what ever reason I had to completely re-register with a new name.

I tried hard at the time to have my old name restored but Seba at the time was unable to fix the problem just like a lot of members never got all there postings back...

I think Gregb and myself have tried to get this sorted out in the past but it was not an easy fix....blasted computers

And yes if your wondering I was a big "Allow Allow" fan.

Comment

I'd be glad to know if this pattern is to be considered a point of concern.
                      Any lids around on this forum in this configuration and with solid provenance?

Marcel

Comment

Anything is possible offcoarse,but it effects the value in my opinion.Never seen a G&S helmet with BMB straps though.

Comment

Why does everyone wanna have a fibre-rim or parachutists helmet? Leave it to the commenwealth freaks, i would say its not a good investment.

Jeroen

Comment

Originally posted by gertje View Post
                            I'd be glad to know if this pattern is to be considered a point of concern.
                            Any lids around on this forum in this configuration and with solid provenance?

Marcel
                            I've seen several originals with one side strap a sewn set and the other side with rivets! Seen all kinds of mixed straps sets on Para helmets over the years not that uncommon.

Comment

Hey Greg, I like the the new Avatar.....

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                                Hey Greg, I like the the new Avatar.....

Greg
                                Thanks, I hope the other members can tell us apart better now, I talked with one of the mods today about changing my name and they said couldn't be done so I went with the new avatar.
                                cheers,
                                Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X