This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lead role

Apparently Tom Cruise is lined up to play the part of Hornblower in "Let's sell the old man's kit" soon to be filmed on a plain near Salisbury.
    Regards,Ivan

Comment

With all the technical issued people faced when trying to bid, I'm getting the impression it is ICT related and it has to do with all the recent "improvements" we've seen on our favourite site.

Luc

Comment

Hi, As this is looking as though it will have more conspiracy theories than Jackos demise, I can add the following,
        I am the winning bidder, I put a bid on before retiring and yes, I was surprised to see I won the beret.
        Sellar sent me a mail congratulating me, followed by another stating there had been problems with the sale. He kindly included the mails from Nick, Lee et al.
        I paid by ppal and guess what, he has returned the payment and I was greeted this morning by a request from him , through ebay, to cancel the transaction, I have refused.
        Shold be interesting but not holding out too many hopes!!.

Comment

Hold on in there remember your bid is a contract blah blah etc ........... Good Luck Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

well done

Well done on winning the beret.I somehow doubt that you will ever see it though,I hope I am wrong.
            If he does ,however decide to send it, it may get lost in the post,look at some of the empty parcel scams that have been run in the past.
            He is an Ebay novice,he could just vanish and then use another name/address etc.
            I emailled him and made an offer after thinking he had withdrawn it,I will now not have that beret at any price.
            Good luck.
            Regards,Ivan

Comment

Originally posted by ARTE ET MARTE View Post
              Hi, As this is looking as though it will have more conspiracy theories than Jackos demise, I can add the following,
              I am the winning bidder, I put a bid on before retiring and yes, I was surprised to see I won the beret.
              Sellar sent me a mail congratulating me, followed by another stating there had been problems with the sale. He kindly included the mails from Nick, Lee et al.
              I paid by ppal and guess what, he has returned the payment and I was greeted this morning by a request from him , through ebay, to cancel the transaction, I have refused.
              Shold be interesting but not holding out too many hopes!!.
              Stick to your guns mate, I hope you get it, but I'm not sure if there is anyway to make him complete the deal.
              Lee

Comment

Although the guy is clearly a prick, you may be able to make a deal with him.

Or broker one between members here who want it - and the guy who is selling it.

It would be a shame for the beret to disappear without trace.

That aside, I have wondered for a while whether ebay have been looking at ways to counter 'sniping'. I am guilty of doing it as much as others but, you have to admit, it does negate the thrill of the auction - which is how ebay made a name for itself in the first place. By ending auctions early, even by a few minutes, it would put me off lining up a final bid in the dying seconds.

Good luck Liam, I hope it works out for you.

Chris
                Last edited by CPB; 07-01-2009, 05:05 AM.

Comment

then...where is the beret?

Comment

how is this for very over priced single medal groups

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CANADIAN-FORCES-D...3A1%7C294%3A25

He does have 3 medals but 2 of them are not scheduled (unofficial or private issue)

Comment

Hi,
                      Just to update,
                      Am I missing something with this beret?
                      sellar stated his father, Maj Field, was a founder member of the British Airborne and won 3 awards during WW2 ( 2 Brit - 1 foreign)?, There is NO mention of him in " Honour to the Airborne" - very strange?
                      There is a service number shown on the webbing. I have done a quick check on this through the London Gazette - nothing.
                      The only items offered "seen by potential buyers" by the sellar are- Helmet, beret, badges,webbing plus a photo shown, no docs,
                      His son claims links to the Special Auxillarys, etc etc.,
                      Has any other member done any research and come up with anything to back the sons claims?
                      this is important, please let me know sooonest,
                      thanks, Liam.

Comment

further to the last,
                        ebay item was 170321597539,
                        Officer details were , Maj Field 992149,
                        perhaps a member can research, better than me, to prove the officer did in fact receive 3 awards, ( or did not )
                        many thanks.

Comment

latest from Ebay

Liam,just got this from Ebay re my blocked bid
                          Dear grip3846,

hi - I got a response from ebay about your bids being block -
                          I've pasted it below - so if your could please write a note to
                          them explaining the problem you encountered then I can move
                          forward in selling it! many thanks

Subject: RE:RC=CU0371 You no longer want to sell but the
                          listing has ended [#UK ?01 ] (KMM40058685V83937L0KM)
                          Received: 04-Jul-09
                          Hello Richard,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that other members are
                          being
                          blocked from bidding on your item.

Richard, we have been receiving reports about members who are
                          being
                          blocked from bidding on a listing. For us to be able to
                          investigate
                          further, I would kindly ask you to tell your buyers to write to us
                          so
                          that we can look into their account and escalate the issue so that
                          this
                          matter could be resolved immediately.

I hope I've explained everything clearly. If you need any more
                          information please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Amelia Boyle
                          eBay Customer Support
                          Looks like he is going to try and resell it,so you will not see the beret,how surprising.

Regards,Ivan

Comment

Hi Ivan,
                            thanks for that, more interested in the fact that Maj Field may not be as son claims, anyone out there find him in any text?? If he is as son claims, he should be in every book on the British Airborne in WW2!!
                            thanks.

Comment

further to the last,
                              ebay item was 170321597539,
                              Officer details were , Maj Field 992149,
                              perhaps a member can research, better than me, to prove the officer did in fact receive 3 awards, ( or did not )
                              many thanks.
                              I will see if i can find anything in the RMAS library on the details given.
                              Nige

Comment

Hi Ivan,
                                thanks for that, more interested in the fact that Maj Field may not be as son claims, anyone out there find him in any text?? If he is as son claims, he should be in every book on the British Airborne in WW2!!
                                thanks.
                                This might be him, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/d...&resultcount=2

Not all record data bases are 100%, I have encountered missing names before.
                                Lee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X