Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadly Diarrhoea .sorry but it made me laugh .Russell nice to have you here . I have to say that Jack is probably one of the most knowledgeable people I know when it comes to Airborne related militaria ,he has possibly the finest collection of original ww2 Airborne/special forces related patches I have seen .And like a few other members here goes out of his way to protect and project the reputation of the worlds most finest forces .Rob.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Sorry Simon

Tim, sorry for any offence I have caused My original post did seem a bit cocky in reflection

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
        Deadly Diarrhoea .sorry but it made me laugh .Russell nice to have you here . I have to say that Jack is probably one of the most knowledgeable people I know when it comes to Airborne related militaria ,he has possibly the finest collection of original ww2 Airborne/special forces related patches I have seen .And like a few other members here goes out of his way to protect and project the reputation of the worlds most finest forces .Rob.
        Thanks for the compliments Rob

Comment

Hi Si, thank you for stepping in here.

I know both Jack and Tim ("Russel Sprout") personally and regard both as friends. I have sent PM's to both parties. This issue is now closed. Both have stated their points of view.

Now lets move on and talk kit

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Christmas Eve 1914

To all forum members..... the amnestie is signed, Russell and Jack have kissed and made up..........and no offence was intended.

God save the King.
            Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...525546151&rd=1

"WW2 recconaisance corps shoulder title,i am 99% sure this is the real thing" - Shame about that 1% really!!!
              I've contacted the seller when he listed some of cunnards dated pegasus patches on a Dutch auction site, his reply was very unpleasant and agressive.
              Another person (Dean Saunders) to steer away from.

Jack, I don't believe the number of repros on the market is increasing, but the number of items willingly sold as original IS, like:
              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...525405679&rd=1
              I asked seller about it and he admitted it was from Soldier of Fortune!

Luc

Comment

It's bad isn't Luc I'll send you an email later about a few things

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
                  I'll send you an email later about a few things
                  Oh boy oh boy, yes please do, I love to recieve e-mails

Luc

Comment

I bet you do All these emails I've got to sort out! Don't worry I'll do it before I go to bed

Comment

Opinions on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

BS I think However, there have to be some things like this that are real in existence, but it's impossible to tell

PS Got the badges you sent me, cheers!

Comment

Guys,

Any comments on this one?
                          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
                          Am I right the gentleman enlisted in october 1940, that is before the creation of the GPR?
                          Regards, Luc

Comment

Without trying to do the item down too much I have a few documents etc with medically fit for Glider Pilot entries in. It was quite common, I don't know really? Now whether or not the person became a Glider Pilot or not is another matter!

Thanks, from Jack.
                            PS. This was found inside a Service Dress of mine
                            Attached Files

Comment

Gpr Pay Book

Hi Luc,

I cant see the pay book entries too clearly but it seems quite a common entry, many men would have volunteered throughout 1942 to become members of the newly formed GPR. The entry states that he is fit to become a glider pilot, like Jack mentioned he may not have been one, but it seems that he passed the medical board and was eligible. Contact the AAC museum or the GPRA, they will be able to help with a nominal roll, nice pay book.....

Cheers,

Russ.

Comment

Hi Russ and Jack,

Thanks for your input, I didn't know that these tests were so common. So would you agree the item is overpriced?
                                Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X