No announcement yet.

ZDF Miniseries: Unsere Mütter, Unsere Väter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part three goes blank after about 13 minutes.

Comment

DVD will be out in April (In Holland)
      For now, you can watch it on the ZDF site in German (no subs)

Comment

I emailed zdf in Germany regarding when the blu-ray/dvd will be available with English subtitles and they replied saying that it is down to the publishers and not them so were unsure

Both are available to purchase now on amazon.de though as I checked, but in the original language only.

Jay

Comment

It looks like TeamWorx are the producers and the email on their website is info@teamWorx.de

Comment

Just read today in newspaper, that the series was bought by a big US tv-distributor.
            Should 1st be shown in major US cities, then all over the states, to promote the DVD sale. Title is "Generation War"

Comment

Hi,

Guess I will have to remain patient, and wait for the UK release!
              Will be worth the wait, I really liked this show.
              Thank for the information, the wait begins .....

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

I watched the first part yesterday, but all three got erased from youtube while I was watching!

Comment

Some time ago I had chance to watch all three in a row- absolutely brilliant best war 'movie' ever!
                  After watching the first episode I just could not stop watching. What a shame that it only has three episodes. Time never passed so quickly 270mins felt like 30mins.

Really looking forward seeing more from these producers

Comment

Bought this DVD last week. Three DVD's of 1,5 hours each. Time passed by so quick that it didn't feel like 4,5 hours to me. In my opinion this is a very good series which shows how young lives can be destroyed by war. Perhaps there are some tiny mistakes like mentioned earlier in this thread but that doesn't do the series any harm. Also the very (too?) coincidential meetings from these friends during the war doesn't harm the movie any bit at all.
                    Furthermore very well acted and filmed to make it as realistic as possible. Final conclusion: really love this series and I can recommend it to all.

Comment

Since I started this thread, I would like to ask all of you who saw all three parts and are impressed - what you thought of the third and last episode of the series?

Erich

Comment

Originally posted by erichcraciun View Post
                        Since I started this thread, I would like to ask all of you who saw all three parts and are impressed - what you thought of the third and last episode of the series?

Erich
                        Fits the way my grandfather and grandmothers told me about the end. Everyone was alive but felt like they had been killed on the inside, friends were lost, relatives were lost. But at least one was alive. And they also had lost, not just the war but mostly anything they were tought in school, their ideals (if they ever were "weltanschaulich durchgeformt") now were a crime.

Cinematic display but touching, nonetheless.

Regards,

Kimb.

Comment

tried to see part two but is not longer available.
                          Pity, I will never know the end

But agree, very well done in all aspects.
                          Blue-ray have to be something to watch again!!!

If some one get it please let us know and were to get it in the USA.
                          Last edited by sunny59; 05-14-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Saw the series. My thoughts are in random order:
                            • Uniforms were impressive
                            • Portrayal of German Heer soldiers was the best I've seen so far
                            • The Soviet uniforms looked dry-cleaned and pressed
                            • Battle scenes were too small and there were only two of them. In Band of Brothers and Private Ryan there was massive scale in the battles.
                            • The series showed what we all know - there were good and bad people - on both sides of the front.
                            • And to quote the little brother: "War brings out the worst in people"
                            • The SS was painted in the worst way possible, with the bulk of the Heer not much better.

Comment

Originally posted by erichcraciun View Post

Erich
                              I think the 3rd episode is definitely part fiction, since this series has an agenda. But the gist of it seems consistent with respect to the hell that Germany slowly became in the last 2 years of the war (for many Germans). Also, after the war, the Allies used significant numbers of former RSHA personnel as new administrators and police since they really had no choice, most of whom previously committed either war crimes or crimes against civilian populations.

The most realistic writing so far that I have seen about Allied occupation is here:

http://www.amazon.com/After-Reich-Br...fter+the+reich

A "must-read".

Comment

I'm trying for the past two bleeding days to watch this online. But I've ended up wasting valuable hours unsuccessfully trying to stream or download them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X