X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZDF Miniseries: Unsere Mütter, Unsere Väter

Anyone watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNNUZgFNz8k

In my opinion - finally a half way objective perspective on the war from the German point of view.

Erich

Is there a link where i can download the whole miniseries?

Comment

for all the objectivity in the first two parts, the third part seems to have taken them all back!

Comment

Hi,

Saw the trailers etc, cannot wait for this series to come out on DVD. hopefully with subtitles - or (less appealingly) dubbed into English.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

I like the combat scenes! Way, way much better since the ,,Stalingrad'', the movie. I also think in general that since the ''Band of Brothers'' came out, the following combat scenes in films & tv series have been very much improved.

Comment

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek#/haup...ndung-verpasst

Comment

Time to play spot the mistakes an mg42 in 1941?
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Someone uploaded all 3 parts on YouTube with English subtitles. Hopefully they won't take his channel down. You can watch them here:

Part 1:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3DOKsAmOrM

Part 2:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnn4tGBbYlQ

Part 3:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9DHPOUtaGY

I'm watching the series myself at the moment, so I can't give any feedback yet!

Comment

Just watched all three, i think overall very good though it get's a little far fetched here and there.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                    Just watched all three, i think overall very good though it get's a little far fetched here and there.
                    I absolutely agree; there was a couple of weak moments but overall I thought it was a very well done series! I would certainly recommend it to others.

Comment

I was told by friends who saw it that it again had very strong elements of public education with a raised pointer finger at the audience, as ususal in German productions, although it was put together better than normally (because people get fed up). There are very few German films like `Laconia´ that really try to stick more or less uncommented to the story/history itself and let the protagonists be protagonists. Therefore I rather prefer foreign productions. The story is usually wrapped around grandparents who are either in the resistance or entangled in guilt....and with the cold spring this year beeing depressing enough, I rather want to watch out not to end up like the Gollum in Lord of the Rings who surely has seen too many German documentaries, too....

Comment

I think it was pretty well balanced on that front, the far fetched bit revolves around the 5 main characters bumping into each other by chance during the course of 4 years.

Some of the good points IMO

The main unit involved is the 292 Inf.Div. which nicely represents the vast bulk of the German army, i was pleased to see a total lack of W-SS, FJ and almost any panzers other than a small scen lasting a few seconds and a couple of panzercrewmen at a field hospital.

Good to see that they pointed out that anti-semitism wasn't the preserve of the Germans only nor of those fighting on the German side

Bewährungs bataillon 500 was featured quite a lot, giving an insite into the Wehrmacht's brutality towards it's own

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                          I think it was pretty well balanced on that front, the far fetched bit revolves around the 5 main characters bumping into each other by chance during the course of 4 years.
                          Agreed. This was the only thing I found really unrealistic and sometimes a bit annoying as well.

Overall I really enjoyed the series!! Nicely balanced with many themes.

Comment

sounds good what you guys say.- well with these ovations I ´ll give it a try, too. I was only told that in one scene one of the guys,a war volunteer, barely at the front committed a war crime and hearing that and of some other scenes I imagined how the film would develop... but of course you can only judge when you see something for yourself!

Comment

As I´ve got holidays I watched the parts- for a TV short series well done and indeed quite balanced, as all sides are depicted with their defects and the focus is on simple men and women and how they cope with an insane war and bastards that can be found on every side. There is no simple good or bad as in many films, just many shades in between- that is realistic for me. Forget what I told before...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X