Newest tallies to soon be added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U=bootsbegleitschiff Erwin Wassner

The most recent addition. I am almost completed the only ones I am missing are

: U-Bootsbegleitschiff Waldemar Kophamel
    U-Bootsbegleitschiff Ottoo Wuensche
    U-bootsbegleitschiff Wilhelm Bauer
    and the
    Unterseebootstender Mosel
    Attached Files

Comment

Linienschiff Hannover

A new addition. Got a really good price on this. Nice to have.

Regards,
      JustinG
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Justin! Havent had my eye on your tally collection for a while now as I have been occupied
        Elsewhere but let me extend my congratulations on such a remarkable and amazingly rare set of KM tallies. The rarity of these tallies exceeds no others and your grit and determination not to mention your financial out lay is to be highy commended. As John mentions we may collect feveoursly for the next 20 years and never see some of these fine examples. Your collection will undoubtedly be of museum quality and hopefully one day your dream is realized. So from JC to JG - Herzlich Gluckwunsch Kamerade!

Kindest Regards,
        JustinC

Comment

Thanks so much JustinC.

Now, I have to start working on a display.

I was just informed that the U=begleitschiff tallies listed in the upper portion were never produced so, that just leaves the Unterseebootstender Mosel being the last U-boot tally left.

Regards,
          JustinG

Comment

Very nice Justin, very nice and congrats!!

Does this mean you're close to have every KM tally by now? Must be close as far as I remember. Certainly looking forward to see your display.

Comment

schlachtschiff scharnhorst cap tally

happy to share with you this surprise gift from my wife(to me is very important because she lost her job recently )....a schlachtschiff scharnhorst,metal thread made,170 cm lengh,3,2 cm wide,tails diagonal ended.....finally she pays 85 euros including shipping and so i wonder....are so much harder and more valued the PANZERSCHIFF than SCHLACHTSCHIFF because for every one of them i payed double than my wife payed for this new purchasing......

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

opinions are welcome

Comment

Hi Guys,

finally got to my collection so have a few pics of the Tallies I have collected over the last year that haven't been photographed yet.

Enjoy

Best wishes

JustinC
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Justin, very nice and thanks for showing

Comment

At JustinC

These are very nice additions JustinC. Very nice.
                    I see you have been quite busy.

Very nice.

Regards,
                    JustinG

Comment

JustinG's collection

Hi JustinG,

since a long time I've got the chance to have a look on WAF again. What amazing tallies you have gathered together? My honest respect from the bottom of my heart! Since the UBoat-branch became such a scarce (and costly) area to collect, the tallies you have are a big achievement!

Head up, beside the "Unterseebootstender Mosel" you are still missing the "full" version "Unterseebootsbegleitschiff Erwin Wassner" and also the "full" version of Havel.
                      So still some to go for! And when you think you have these for sure some other, so far unknown will pop up - I promise you, it is a never ending story. Look at the Imperial UBoat tallies: for decades the collectors thought they have them all and then a (nearly) one-off U-Boots Halbflottille Konstantinopel popped up, which existed indeed.

Anyway, you are the closest of all of us to completion. Thanks for the pictures and sharing with us! Great to see!

I can support your secret informer that Kophamel, Wünsche and Bauer have never existed as tallies.

So far I have also seen Z Anton Schmitt only as cotton, which is rare enough.

Rgds

Daniel

Comment

Thanks for the complement Dani.
                        This has been a very interesting undertaking. I am scouring, trying to find some missing tallies to add to the collection. There are some rare ones still eluding me, however, I am extremely fortunate and grateful to have achieved such early successes in the field of muetzenbander collecting.
                        Good to know that there are some variations missing.
                        Thanks again.

Best regards and a happy holiday season.

JustinG

Comment

Today I received the Vermessungsschiff Meteor tally in Metallfaden, unworn with a length of 150 cm. I would like to get opinions on this one from the more experienced collectors! The feel of the material and the whole construction looks good to me as well as the sizes of the tally and letters etc. I just have a feeling that the ss and ff at VermeSSungsschiFF Meteor look not 100% like they should....but that could also be paranoia because of the many fakes on Ebay (got this one from Ebay.de btw)

Thanks for opinions, good or bad
                          Marcel

Comment

Marcel,

Lovely tally mate, IMO 100% ok

Cheers
                            JustinC

Comment

Well, is at work now so can't compare with my own but the reverse is textbook imo.

Besdes that if the tally is from Markus aka CSForrester I'll be very surprised if something is wrong. Just my 2 cent.

Comment

Thanks Justin and Frank for the good news!! I'm glad it's ok, especially for such a low price

And now also the Kreuzer Leipzig in Metallfaden arrived. Thanks for this beauty Justin!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X