Newest tallies to soon be added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dani for the info

Was wondering about the missing number but forgot to look further into it.
    Last edited by Frank K; 01-23-2012, 05:55 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hermann Kuenne

Just added another nice specimen Metalfaden Hermann Kuenne. Now only needing 4 more.

Diether Von Roeder
      Erich Giese
      Erich Koellnger
      Anton Schmitt

That will give me the 22 named destroyers. If anyone has these to sell, will pay handsomely for these.

Regards,

JustinG

Comment

Very nice Justin, only 4 missing to complete the Zerstörers. Fantastic!

Can't help you out, only got the Jacobi and Beitzen so far

Comment

This one exists of course, from my collection.

John
          Attached Files

Comment

Unterseebootsflottille Emsmann

Greetings,
            I am submitting scans/shots of my cotton Unterseebootsflottille Emsmann tally.

This was described to me as a reunion tally; from a well educated collector.
            It is a lovely piece and is about 110cm est. length.

Regards,
            JustinG
            Attached Files

Comment

close up front and back
              Attached Files

Comment

Showing the "reunion" tally Reverse and the more common version muetzenbander Emsmann obverse.

Regards,
                JustinG
                Attached Files

Comment

There might have been doubts about your Emsmann due to the lettering at one time and therefore understandable why the other collector thought it might be a reunion tally.

There are two types of Emsmann tallies out there, long s and short s.

John
                  Last edited by John R.; 05-11-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                    There might have been doubts about your Emsmann due to the lettering at one time and therefore understandable why the other collector thought it might be a reunion tally.

John
                    Hi John,

So from that I take it you feel Justin's cotton tally was wartime? Certainly the construction on the closeups looks perfectly "wartime-compatible". The only post-war tally we've seen so far on the forum that had such convincing construction was the H.M.S. Belfast "Scharnhorst" tally with the unequal end lengths.

So it's just the long "s" alone that would cause any pause on Justin's tally. Are there some portraits somewhere of the long "s" in wear to "close the circle" on this?

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    Last edited by John R.; 05-11-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Nice tallies, Justin. Learned something new today as well

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                        So it's just the long "s" alone that would cause any pause on Justin's tally. Are there some portraits somewhere of the long "s" in wear to "close the circle" on this?

Best regards,
                        ---Norm
                        I just realized my terminology was misleading. By "long s" I meant the traditional Latin "s" (long as in wide) and not the "f-like" s. So is there a photo with the "s-like" (not "f-like") "Untersee..." tally in wear? Is that clear...?

Best regards,
                        ---Norm

Comment

Greetings,
                          Well that is something new. I was unaware of that.
                          The Collector I purchased this from was Gordon Williamson. He was the person who informed me that this was a reunion tally.
                          Learning something new all the time. But, I guess it makes sense as there are so many versions and accepted abbreviations and full spelled out versions.

Much like the Saar, the Erwin Wassner, the Havel, Albert Leo Schlageter etc...
                          When I saw this particular piece, I was amazed at the construction as it does match up to the texture, feel, weave you would expect to see on a World War 2 period muetzenbander.

Something always learned.

Regards,
                          JustinG

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post

John

If there are any other pictures or examples like this for Unterseeboot units?
                            Have you come across any others?

Regards,
                            JustinG
                            Last edited by John R.; 05-11-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I believe as do all the German tally collectors I know, feel this is a period tally and not a reunion tally.

I will have to look into the photo proof but this tally was discussed extensively years ago and I see no reason to think it is anything but period.

This one is very rare (as they all are) and I know of one other in Kiel in which I was outbid by a friend on German ebay about 7 years ago. I have not seen one since.

John

Comment

OK, I might have jumped the gun on this one. I need to go back and check my records about it. There is a small "s" type out there but not sure it is like yours Justin.

So before I try to wing this any further, I need to do a bit of homework.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X